“A great time had by all”

St. Andrews Bay Golf Resort
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We spent two days at St Andrews whilst attending the Dunhill Classic golf competition and had a great time. I have been to St Andrews on a few occasions as my son plays golf and has played the old course a couple of times. However this time we were watching the golf with my two friends and we all enjoyed walking the course watching the professional golfers and also the celebrities that were playing.
We had drinks in the Jigger which was busy but still retained a nice atmosphere. If I was going to be totally honest the downside is I feel the staff at St Andrews are a bit stuffy but not unfriendly if you know what I mean?
Anyway, we will be back as Richie and his Uncle Mike want to play the old course and Alison and I will sit and have coffee and just take in the atmosphere of this wonderful place.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Still a good resort hotel. Last visit was just after it opened (6? Odd years ago). At that time it seemed superior to other Scottish hotels apart from Gleneagles. This time it felt jaded and tired, almost like they've stopped trying. That said it is in a great location and the rooms are better than most places in Scotland. Needs to create a buzz.

1  Thank Travelscot127
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Gr8 food & super facilities..my visit was brief but I would definitely return :)

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Had a couple of nights here in December and for a 5 star hotel this place needs a revamp. Rooms are tired and in this day and age no one should be expected to pay for wi-fi when rooms cost in excess of £150!

Power shower over-ride didn't work, bed side reading lamps would not stay in position, no coffee or biscuits on the complimentary tray.

Will be looking for another hotel for our next trip away when we next visit St Andrews.

1  Thank Scotsann_Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 November 2011

the hotel is grand in size, the suites and very very spacious, the service is first class the experience is decidedly quintessentially scottish, carpets included. you will need a car if you stay here.