The Dunvegan Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in St Andrews
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Kinnettles Hotel(St Andrews)
Hazelbank Hotel(St Andrews)
  • Breakfast included
The Russell Hotel(St Andrews)
Vardon House(St Andrews)
Albany Hotel(St Andrews)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjack and sheenaclaret jugtremendous hostsgolf memorabiliaextra specialgolf vacationperfect hotelkeen golferplay golfvisiting stcouple of nightsirongolfersgolfingholescotlandpint
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

By far the best place to stay, eat and drink in St Andrews. Excellent value, superb quality food (the steaks just melt in your mouth, the burgers are all home made and freshly cooked) and the atmosphere in the bar and restaurant is very friendly and welcoming. The owners, Jack and Sheena can't do enough for you and the staff are the same; Luke, Lyndsay, Katie and everyone else made us very welcome. I've stayed in many hotels but this is only one that leaves me feeling homesick when I leave.
Thanks to everyone at the Dunnie for another great stay.
Cheers
Steve and Julie

Room Tip: No complaints about any of the rooms I've stayed in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Are party of 16 have been staying here for 6 years now .Its everything a golfer is looking for great rooms,food and service all at a great price .you will not find better staff than Lindsay ,Luke,and the rest of the crew to look after you . They make you feel like your at home .

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bernie110
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A friend and I were in the area and just checking out some of the local pubs. Well, low and behold, we found this gem. Sheena the owner and Linzy the bartender couldn't have treated us any better if we had been family. Lots of laughs and recommendations for us. I can see why the place always has patrons in it, they treat you like royalty. We had already booked a B & B just out of town, but will definitely be trying this one on our next visit.
Thanks again for everything Sheena and Linzy.
Tim

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TD1122
Reviewed 25 March 2014

If you want to enjoy the full St Andrews experience, you need to try this boutique hotel/B&B (5 rooms). This is on recommendation of my golf coach - don't try those impersonal 5 star hotels in St Andrews. Next to 18th Hole, clean rooms, amazing atmosphere in the bar, excellent food and the personal touch from Jack, Sheena and their team. For my next trip to St Andrews, I will definitely stay at Dunvegan again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

For the third year in a row, my husband and I spent several weeks in St. Andrew's. The Dunvegan Hotel pub has become our second home. The staff and owners make one feel welcome from the moment you enter the pub. The food is delicious, especially the Texas chili, and it is a great value. Whether one is there for a few pints, a glass of wine, a starter,or a full dinner, the Dunvegan never disappoints. Not only does the Dunvegan have great food and drink, but it also houses a photo gallery of the Who's Who in golf, and sketches of local artist and golf historian, David Joy. If you are looking for a wonderful way to be introduced to the flavor of St. Andrew's , visit the Dunvegan. Cheers to you, Jack, Sheena, Lindsay, Luke, and Katie!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple