Albany Hotel
US$157
US$453
US$228
Hotels.com
Fairmont St Andrews(St Andrews)
US$305
Ardgowan Hotel(St Andrews)
US$218
US$560
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgarden suitesmall loungesmall hotelexcellent breakfastnight portersingle roomgreat central locationcharming hotelcomfortable roomno elevatorkipperswithin walking distanceenjoyed my staycontinental breakfastmiddle of towntop floorvery pleasant stay
Reviewed 22 August 2011

LOVED The Albany Hotel. The Staff, Sean, the manager, Sophie, Johanna, Katie, Liz, Rose and Rick the chef, and the housekeeping staff are the ones that make The Albany Hotel the wonderful place it is. They make each and every visitor feel like royalty.
The rooms are small but quaint. Breakfast is outstanding. Everything is fresh and most mornings you can find Sean waiting on tables or busing tables right along side Liz and Rose.
The rooms and the entire property are always spotlessly clean. The lounge is quaint and a great place to read, have evening cocktails and visit with everyone staying in the hotel. Our last night in St. Andrews, Cecilia the owner had cocktails with everyone. In all our travels we have never had an owner and a staff make us feel the way we were made to feel at The Albany Hotel.
The location is perfect. Most of our group were golfers. They had no problems getting to courses to play. For the sightseers and shoppers in our group most everything was within walking distance or the busstop was right across the street.
I look forward to our return trip to stay at The Albany House.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Albany21, General Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very pleased to hear that all the team helped make your stay here at The Albany such a special one. It was a pleasure having all of you as our guests, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards Sean Martin

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We spent just one might at the Albany, but it was a great experience! They have a fantastic location on North Street right next to the ruins. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. I was traveling with my father who has medication that needs to be kept frozen, and they were exceptionally helpful in making sure we kept everything cold. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people traveling to St. Andrews, particularly if location is a big concern.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Albany21, General Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Albany Hotel. My team and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Sean Martin

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I went for a weekend golf outing and the staff was helpful in helping me understand how to best use my time and get inside scoop on what to do/where to go. They were also very friendly/helpful with other queries and went above expectations.

Very good location for town shopping, eating, univeristy, tourist sites, and golf. Rate is very competitive with local, comparable market.

Room was very clean, size appropriate, nice decor and attention to detail. They let me check out late, keep my bags (large golf clubs included) for quite sometime until my train.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road may get street noise at times. Wasn't a big deal, but did notice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 August 2011

Four of us came to St Andrews for 5 days golf at stayed at the Albany. The hotel is in a great location, in the heart of St Andrews. From the moment we arrived the service we received was first class. I was a little apprehensive when I heard the room I was allocated was known as "The Bunker" but it was a delightful, clean, light filled room overlooking a lovely garden.

The breakfast room overlooked the same lovely garden. The breakfast itself had a comprehensive range of cooked and continental options.

There is a little bar area where guests can sit for a quiet drink before or after dinner and we made good use of that.

The staff were all very friendly, from arranging laundry (at only 7 pounds a bag!) to booking and recommending restaurants.

Would defintitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Albany21, General Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed for a night july 2011.room clean,front desk staff made you feel welcome, would return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Albany21, General Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all our team members here at The Albany Hotel.

Kind Regards