All reviewsgarden suitesmall loungesmall hotelnight portercharming hotelwater pressurecomfortable roomenjoyed my stayno liftcontinental breakfastkipperscathedral ruinssingle roomnice breakfastcentral locationmiddle of townwithin walking distance
Reviewed 18 January 2018

A friend had organized our overnight stay at The Albany. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. We arrived back late at night and the Night Porter was very helpful. Although the room and shower room were very small they were very clean and tastefully decorated. The pillows could have been more comfortable and it was pretty chilly in our basement room overnight. However, all in all it is a place we would come back to.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paula G, Duty Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review the Albany hotel and for your comments. We are constantly looking to improve in any way we can and your feedback is essential. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Albany hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Four of us stayed in this hotel in the Garden Suite from 12th - 14th January. It was perfect for us. Very clean. From the minute we arrived we felt very welcomed from the friendly staff who took an interest in us and made us feel relaxed. Nothing was a bother to them. The Garden Suite itself has a lovely patio area which would be really nice to sit out on in summer. The breakfast was one of the best we have had from fresh fruit salad, full Scottish, kippers, omelettes, scones. All served by smiling, friendly staff who always took the time to ask if we were enjoying ourselves. The central location of the Albany is yet another feather in its cap. We will be back the Albany and thank you to all the hardworking staff.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review it was an absolute pleasure to welcome you to the Albany hotel. I will ensure your comments are passed to the team who we are very proud of at the Albany.
I look forward to welcoming you all back in warmer weather so that you can enjoy the patio and maybe stay a little longer.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

A comfortable, clean and friendly hotel in the centre of St Andrews. The hotel and room are well maintained -- nothing looks run down. The wifi and shower worked well and there was a wide range of very good food for breakfast, My only complaint is that in my room the desk was too low to fit my knees under it comfortably, and I am not a tall person. I did see another room that had desk that was of a more reasonable height.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vicky M, Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with and very much hope to see you again soon. I have noted your comment regarding the desk and will be sure to look into this.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

What a comfortable stay we had in January and the staff couldn't be any friendlier. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Spacious room, great location and ticks all the boxes for a great stay! Get it booked!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paula G, Duty Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Albany hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Room 1 : Bed definitely too small for 2 people. Should be a single room not double. The bed is for 1 person
Excellent position of the hotel in town to visit cathedral, castle and main attractions. In front of university. Near the seaside. St Andrews is stunning.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paula G, Duty Manager at Albany Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review the Albany hotel St Andrews. All our rooms are unique, on this occasion the room reserved was a small double. We offer rooms with a king bed and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel direct so that we can assist with arrangements.