“Sand, Sights and great Surf.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oceanics @ St Andrews Surf School
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sand, Sights and great Surf.”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

After moving to St Andrews and discovering that surfing is in fact possible in the North Sea, I was itching to try it out. So I booked a lesson with Oceanics St Andrews. The instructor (Maurice) was welcoming and immediately put my nerves at never having surfed before at ease. We (my lesson group of 5) were given wetsuits boots and gloves to keep away the North Sea chill, before being taken onto West Sands for a safety briefing and onshore instruction. Maurice's instructions were easy to follow and we were all soon in the water practising getting to our knees and eventually standing on the surfboard.
The only thing to add is that it was exhilarating being able to take in some of St Andrew's world famous sights from the water, and that I would thoroughly recommend this great value activity to locals and tourists alike.

1 Thank Bmwest

Waterford, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Our surf lesson was on West Sands beach in St Andrews, right by the world famous golf course and university. The surf lessons are in the North Sea but we were given wetsuits and boots so we stayed nice and warm, Maurice (our instructor) had lots of experience and did an excellent job. We all had a great time surfing and checking out St Andrews from the water !

Visited September 2012