“Not the best”

Ranked #41 of 149 Restaurants in St Andrews
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I used to really enjoy our visits here but sadly the last few visits have been a disappointment.

Our table was dirty couldn't excuse this as there was only 4 other tables with customers. The staff where to busy gossiping amongst themselves to bother with customers we ordered tea and coffee my husband and I both ordered curlywurly cake it was nice but definitely not home made I'm 100% convinced it was pre bought and most likely frozen before being presented in the eye catching cake stand.
Disappointing but not terrible but below standards for St. Andrews

1  Thank Thisgirllikes2travel

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This has to be the best coffee available in St Andrews, served by extremely pleasant staff. The food is fresh, tasty and very well presented. Cakes etc are delicious. The whole atmosphere is friendly, the prices are very reasonable for St Andrews and it is handy both for the golf courses and the town centre. Well worth a visit. We are extremely regular visitors and would recommend this place to everyone.

2  Thank Marilyn R
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Cosy little eaterie with coffees, soups, scones, tarts, cakes, breakfasts etc. Very reasonable prices and a short walk from the golf course. Good seating and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We visited the cafe for lunch recently and left very disappointed (dirty glasses, stale baguettes, filthy baby changing facilities and rubbish coffee and cake). It could be really nice but it needs a good clean and more focus on fresh food!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Call me picky but I don't like being charged 25 percent extra because the menu is out of date. This is actually quite a nice cafe in most respects. But the showstopper is that the menus and prices that are posted on the walls are out of synch with the prices in the till. At best I'd call this incompetent and at worst fraudulent. You choose. I wonder whether it's legal and what the trading standards folks would say. C'mon Bibi's. Get your act together and update your menus. Otherwise it looks as though you're ripping your customers off.