“More a bar than a restaurant”

Greyfriars Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 155 Restaurants in St Andrews
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Had a very average meal here with a group of golfing buddies. Food overpriced and quality just about ok. Best avoided.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Myself and 3 friends had supper last week,very nice service from the chinese girl,smiley somewhat lacking in other establishments! the main courses were average the New york chicken was dry with bacon barbecue sauce and processed cheese! served with very nice vegetables and ok chips< the desserts were very nicly presented and tasted superb, i would go back again but chefs take note serve mains on hot plates please! great wine and peroni on draught.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We often stop here for a 'light meal' usually en-route to somewhere else and have always had a very good experience. In fairness we choose our times when we do not expect the place to be busy, as it can be a busy bar and sometimes noisy, but never excessively so.
The food is always very acceptable and usually freshly cooked. We especially enjoy the 'light versions' of certain dishes, as the full portions can often be a bit too much! The latest menu seems to have removed this option, but it can still be 'negotiated' if you ask.
Good pub food.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The waitress charged me for a full sized portion of fish & chips by mistake and proclaimed that is what I had ordered. When I commented to the waitress about i, it then turned into a "he said she said" argument which resulted in her defense of "well your friend pointed to the larger portion for you and I took that as you wanting the larger portion"

Regardless,

The food was mediocre at best and Paul the Manager told me he didn't care that I would take my business elsewhere before essentially asking me to leave. Never in my life will I step foot in this establishment again, and anyone reading this I urge the same. No business should be run in such a way where they act as if the customers are disposable. St Andrews is a small town, and I would like to think doing the right thing by the people you serve is a value all the businesses who operate within its borders aim to achieve. I was proved otherwise at The Greyfriars hotel this evening by a petty bill disagreement and the resulting ban from their facebook page.

2  Thank Greg P
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had lunch here one Sunday with family. The service was friendly and helpful. Food was good, just pub food but we'll cooked and well presented.