“Lovely place, lovely people, delicious ice-cream! A must visit while in St Andrews!”

Jannettas Gelateria
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in St Andrews
Price range: US$8 - US$11
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: With our vast amount of flavours and full range of packing sizes we are confident we can meet your specific needs and requirements. For those who are not already stocking ice cream products and are unsure of how to get started, we have over 100 years experience in the ice cream business and can help you with all aspects of the trade including products, equipment and point of sale. For those who are already stocking ice cream but would like to try something new then we would be happy to help.
Reviewed 14 January 2018

I've been planning my trip to St Andrews for the last couple of weeks and while searching for restaurants, cafes, etc. in town I found this gem and I instantly knew it I had to drop in! It did not disappoint! Such a lovely space--the pastels are so pretty! I had the haggis, Scottish tablet, and cookie dough flavours as part of my make-your-own sundae and they were all delicious and the first two flavours were so inventive! The staff happily let me try sample of the ones I was interested in before ordering. As delicious as the ice-cream was, and as beautiful as the space is, the best thing about my visit was getting to meet and chat with Laura and Chesney--they were both so sweet and helpful! I asked for one of the fun paper fruit sundae toppers, and my sundae arrived with two! Hoping to make it back for another visit before I leave! This place is a must visit while you're in St Andrews!

Nicola H, Owner at Jannettas Gelateria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hi
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to Jannettas and I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

So we arrive and ask for a table for four only to be told there is a twenty minute wait.. so as not to disappoint the kids we order an ice cream to go. As we are about to pay I notice a table freeing up. I politely ask the girl to check if that would be available for us. The assistant manager then approached us to say that take away items are not allowed in the restaurant. Please note there is NO real divide between the ice cream counter and the restaurant. I question the female assistant manager - “so if we are sitting and my daughter orders and ice cream cone as desert how is that any different from the cone she currently holds in her hand” she responds - “well the cone will be served with a plate” ... I try my hardest not to laugh as I tell her that has to be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. In short jannettas lost out on four paying customers for lunch today. Needless to say we will NOT be back and we will NOT recommend this to any of our friends and family.

Very disappointing

1  Thank Gillian L
Nicola H, Owner at Jannettas Gelateria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hi Gillian

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer tables to customers who have purchased take away items, however we have three bar areas for take away customers who wish to consume there ice cream inside.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Jannettas but I do hope you may change your mind and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

A couple of great visits over the Christmas break. Staff were great and ice-cream/cake/coffee were all first class. Customer service was brilliant and they are extremely child friendly.

Hi
Thank you for the great review.
We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Jannettas.
We hope to see you again soon.
Regards
Nicola

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We popped in for lunch a couple of times then for coffee. Our waitress was attentive, polite and friendly - she had long fair hair and an American accent - and Jannettas is lucky to have her. The soup was delicious and piping hot, and the bread was tasty. We couldn’t resist sampling a scoop of Christmas flavoured ice cream, and, over the 2 days, tried Christmas pudding, mince pie and gingerbread flavours: all surprisingly delicious. The coffee was very good, and the accompanying tablet is great. A super place for a snack lunch!

Nicola H, Owner at Jannettas Gelateria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Hi
I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to Jannettas and we hope to see you again soon.
Many Thanks
Nicola

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Amazing range of ice cream flavours to be had. The biggest problem is the size of the queue, especially during the warmer months.

Thanks for the five star review.
Hopefully you didn't have to wait to long in the queue.