“If you play golf, you gotta go!”

The Experience St Andrews
Private Tour to Kingsbarns Distillery and St Andrews
More Info
US$910.61*
and up
Shore Excursion: Kingsbarns Distillery and St Andrews Tour Including Walk on...
More attraction details
Owner description: The Experience St Andrews has an established partnership with St Andrews Links Trust, dating back to 1995. The Experience St Andrews is a Keith Prowse brand, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, and is the UK’s number one choice for sporting, cultural and bespoke events.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We checked into the Old Course Hotel as part of our 25th wedding anniversary. My gift was a round of golf at St. Andrews. The staff told me I had two options: enter the lottery for a tee time, or, get in line near the starters shack at 5:00AM. I had only one day to play golf, so I entered the lottery and walked down to the starters shack at 4:30AM. I wasn't going to miss this opportunity. When I arrived at the shack I was surprised to see I was 5th in line. As it turned out, I received an 8:30 tee time. I asked for a caddie. He was a bit stoic but extremely helpful and complimentary despite my many poor shots. In fact he wouldn't let me use my driver until the 18th hole. And when I hit an excellent drive he made me feel like a pro! Let me know if you want to play this course, I'm ready to return! Oh, when I returned to the hotel, after a stop at The Jigger Inn, I was informed I'd been drawn for a tee time in the lottery. I passed so someone else could have the experience I had!

1  Thank dokepper

Reviewed 27 June 2014

It's a course you must play before you die. 600 years of golf history, and you're walking in the footsteps of all of the greats of the game. We had good caddies too, thanks Alan and Brian. Some bunkers are a little unfair in that you can't get a swing at the ball in some positions; and the rough is savage in places. Just don't go in there, they're not called hazards for nothing.
Great experience, wished we could have got a second round in.

1  Thank gonzodeaddog
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We spent 3 days and nights with these folks. They know how to treat you royally. They picked us up at the airport, took us to golf each day followed by lunch and a ride back to the hotel. Everything went off without a hitch, and the service was top drawer. Cubs were carried, caddies arranged, meals excellant. Yes, it was pricey but you are treated like royalty.

2  Thank 49er2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Probably the dream of all Golfers is to ply St Andrews Old. Quite a special feeling to stand on the 1st tee, hoping to make a non-embarrassing first shot. Caddies are reassuring and very helpful with advice. Often it's a cast of 16 on greens as most are shared. Other courses may be better but they will never have the history of The Old. It is special and must be experienced to be appreciated.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were fortunate with the weather, as it only rained on one day....but it was the day we played the Old Course....BUT....it was a wonderfully memorable experience. According to our caddie, it was 9.5 on a 10 scale for rain. In the states, you would never stay on the course and play. For us, it was an incredible experience. Our caddie Mike was outstanding. I would not want to play many rounds in these conditions, but I was pleased to play the Old Course in Open conditions....an incredible and ENJOYABLE experience. SPECIAL!!