We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Glenderran Guest House
Ranked #3 of 73 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Glenderran offers you hospitality, service and a very good breakfast. Maggie and Ray are very helpful to make your stay a success. For golfers an interesting option because the palce is close to start of the old course. A very nice and clean guesthouse. A place to remember.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Glenderran for 4 nights during the Dunhill Cup in St Andrews. I received a great welcome with a room upgrade. The place was spotless, the breakfast was excellent every day, the hospitality was welcoming and the location was excellent for the Old Course and the town. Both Maggie and Ray made me feel 'at home'.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have been to this guesthouse on many occasions due to work at the University and it is my place of choice in St Andrews. Spotlessly clean, beautiful rooms with terrific beds, top of the range bathrooms, fluffy towels and a breakfast to die for!

There are many 'top end' hotels around the world that don't come close to Glenderran. Top marks!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights recently and would easily stay again. The house and rooms are immaculate and the location is very central-you can also look out to sea.

Breakfast was great, with lovely fresh fruit and excellent cooked options.

Ray was a great host-just the right enough of conversation, and Maggie went out of her way to book us into the house when it was fairly full (although she told me off about bringing sand into the house in a way I didn't like!).

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013

From the moment we arrived we instantly felt at home! Ray (the owner) met us at the door and we quickly felt that we were more than just another guest, we were meeting a new friend. Our room was clean, comfortable, spacious, and well equipped. We were centrally located and was within a few blocks from St. Andrews Old Course and the North Sea. We only ate breakfast during our stay and the food was delicious! There was a wonderful selection for a continental breakfast, as well as, a full service menu. If I am lucky enough to return to St. Andrews in the future, I would definitely stay at the Glenderran again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Ray and Maggie provided us with great service in a great location at a great price. I had a SMALL single room (see photo), but it was fine and served my purposes. If they could have stopped the sea birds from squawking at 5:30 each morning, I would have no complaints. Some reviews here seem to imply that the reviewer may not have fully appreciated the difference between a B&B and a hotel. Don't let that deter you. Staying in the heart of St Andrews for less than $100 per night is a bargain indeed. Ray and Maggie welcomed us into their home and provided us with fine accomodations and attentive service. Next time, I'll spend the extra and get a double room. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Second time in as many years to stay at the Glenderran. If you want first class treatment and an honest price, look no futher than this Guest house. I was there from August 5 thru 9 of this year. I stayed there last year for 4 nights in July. Ray and Maggie will do whatever to make you welcome and feel at home. Rooms are always clean each night when you return to your room. You can hear a pin drop at night. Ray will have your table ready each morning for a great Scottish Breakfast and Maggie is a great, great cook. You're no more than a 5 min. walk from the Old Course. Plenty of nice Restaurant's no more than 5 to 7 min. away. You need a TAXI, Ray will have you one ready. Just let him know. Ray can have your cloths clean and back in your room that night. 10 pound for a bag, of course this price could change a year from now, but makes in really great to have clean cloths in the middle of the week. Also helps with not having to bring so much clothing. I could go on and on, but all you need to know is that this is the BOMB when you talk about staying at a GUEST HOUSE in St. Andrews. You will not find a better, cleaner and well run place anywhere else. I should know, this was my fourth trip in six years and second time to stay here. I plan on going back for the OPEN Championship and hope I get lucky and can stay with Ray and Maggie at the Glenderran. Thanks Ray and you also Maggie for a great time at my second home, St. Andrews Scotland.

Room Tip: Any room is great at this Guest House. Just reserve you one, you want be disappointed.