“Healthy option”

Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This evening I had Herring in Oatmeal. Very traditional and tasty. Restaurant recently refurbished to a good standard.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I and three friends recently went to Cromars to check out the newly decorated premises. We were greeted by friendly staff who offered great service throughout the meal. I had a Cromars fish tea which is great value for money and included everything - pot of tea, bread and butter, mushy peas- in one price! It was light and delicious. My friends also really enjoyed their burgers and sea trout. This is definitely a place to go and I will definitely recommend to friends.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Once again a long wait for the order, they've refitted recently and there was confusion about where to stand to have your order taken and where to stand when you've ordered, they need to sort this out. Visited on a Saturday night and still waited a while, it would be better if they did have some food cooked in advance to cut down on this especially on a busy Saturday night. I know their intention is to cook to order but it's leaving disgruntled customers (judging by the comments while I waited).
Having said that the wait is worth it, piping hot food and really tasty too.

CromarsRestaurants, Manager at Cromars, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments. We are constantly trying to make our operations more streamlined however we appreciate your good comment that the fact of our food is made to order.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Recently picked up our son from university and he insisted we head to Cromars. Even my husband, who normally wouldn't go near a chippy, thought this was fantastic. Throw out all preconceived ideas about fish and chips and enjoy a proper dining experience. Excellent fresh food and very friendly and attentive staff. Will definitely return...

Reviewed 2 June 2014

In the 'chippy joint category' surely this of the highest standard. Tasty fresh fish and yummy chips!
Extensive mouth watering menu to meet most tastes. A cut above....I'll be spreading the word and returning VERY soon!