“Most expensive chips I have ever had!”
Review of Cromars

Cromars
Ranked #31 of 155 Restaurants in St Andrews
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I recently visited with my family as it was a nice day and we wanted just a box of chips and a drink. We could not believe the price for a box of chips £2.10! I am from Edinburgh and I thought it was pricey there. However we thought as it was a new place we would try it I really wish we hadn't I have never seen such a small portion if chips in my life! I also find it so hard to believe I ordered 2 boxes of chips and 3 cans of juice and it cost over 7 pounds. I will certainly never be going back.

3  Thank Kdarling92

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I recently decided to try Cromars for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food provided here. Whilst I was very much tempted by the classic fish supper, I was ultimately seduced by the specials board and more specifically by the crispy fried baby squid and chips, which at only £5.00 was well worth the money. My friend who accompanied me on this particular visit opted for the chicken fillet burger and chips, however at £5.95 we both agreed that a larger portion of chips would have been much more appropriate.

I would also like to reiterate that in my opinion there is room for improvement in terms of service. As has previously been mentioned, there seemed to be a lack of clarity among staff with regards to where customers should queue and wait and this led to me as the customer feeling rather controlled. Fortunately however, we seemed to arrive just before the rush and we therefore were not required to wait too long for our food.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

On a recent trip to St.Andrews I had the pleasure of enjoying the hospitality and great fish and chips at Cromars. Chips were fried perfectly and the fish was very tasty with a lovely light batter. Enjoyed a lovely glass of Sauvignon to boot, not what you expect in your usual rush and chip joint but then this isn't your usual chippy! The surroundings were stylish and the toilets were fab. My 3 year old daughter was well catered for as well. I would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were quite early for dinner so got served right away. The restaurant was spotless and the staff were so pleasant and helpful. The fish batter was lovely and light, the fish itself was lovely, the chips were nice and dry. Will certainly go back next time we are in St Andrews.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This evening I had Herring in Oatmeal. Very traditional and tasty. Restaurant recently refurbished to a good standard.