“An Absolute Disaster - You Can't Get The Staff”
Review of Cromars

Cromars
Ranked #19 of 150 Restaurants in St Andrews
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The name Cromars has been synonimus with quality fish & chips in Fife for a long time. When the Fritto's Fish Bar closed & was bought by Cromar's I was very pleased. One Tuesday evening when my Grandkids needed picking up at the golf I volunteered so I could get a fish supper at Cromar's and then collect them afterwards. I arrived at 6.25 went to the countered placed an order and the new member of staff got it wrong I told her she had made a mistake price wise so another more experienced member of staff sorted the till out & I ordered a fish supper & a separate breaded haddock. I waited about 20 minutes & was called to the countered the girl started putting chips in a box but when she looked for the fish it was not there. She apologised & I had to wait further at almost 6.55 I was called up again & she served us our fish & chips & off we went. When the boxes were opened there was one fish supper & a battered haddock ( not what I ordered as breaded haddock costs 50 pence more). The order was definitely placed as breaded haddock as I heard the girl telling the guy frying the fish, sadly he was on his mobile whilst working & must have given our order to the sit in cafe side of the cafe. This was a disaster for us & we won't be going back. The fish & chips were decent particularly the chips but we were so late we almost missed collecting the Grandkids. The management at Cromars need to get hands on!

3  Thank WilliamHorn

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful breaded haddock supper. The decor is pleasant and clean and the staff are very friendly. Will be back!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The battered haddock was light and delicious. The half order was plenty of food. The sticky pudding dessert was delicious. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great location for this chippy, and some good intentions with pleasant decor, clean and somewhere that initially attracts teh punter in the door.

However, food is so so, and service struggles to cope with the demand. The place needs to step back and remember its priorities.

2  Thank Abercorn
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Since when was it acceptable to pay £2.10 for the smallest box of chips ever! Overcooked and crispy! My daughter paid over £7 for 2 small boxes of chips and 3 cans of drinks. Cater for the tourists who may payyour over inflated prices but remember people of St Andrews and surrounding areas will be here in the quieter months - but certainly not in your shop - the word is out!

4  Thank jillbentley