“Excellent!!!!!”

St Andrews Brewing Co.
Ranked #28 of 147 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Our Brewpub is based at 177 South St and has 16 ever changing taps of fantastic beers from around the globe (including several of our own brews). We boast a 170+ selection of bottled beers, over 30 whiskies and bourbons, over 30 gins and a full wine list of over 20 bottles. Our staff are Cicerone (beer equivalent of a wine sommelier) trained and will take you through our fine selection of drinks we have to offer. We have a full food menu if you are in for some grub and all of our food is locally sourced within 40 minutes of the bar and hand prepared on premises. Families, children, dogs and unwanted in laws are all welcome!
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

popped in today for lunch, it was quite busy but the staff were still quite willing to take time to explain the beer's/ciders. I had the caramelised onion sausage special. It was fantastic! Full of flavour and they don't skimp on the portions. Will definitely vist here again. Well done guys

• Visited April 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Pub”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great array of beers and nice staff willing to assist. It was very quiet when I was there but they were happy to tell me about the brewery and beers. Really nice and warming settings in the pub would highly recommend

Visited April 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Nice ambience, weird tapas”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

First of all, I don't drink beer, so I have nothing on that topic.

The place is very nice, service was good today and it generally has a little bit more style than other pubs in the area without being overly pricey.

But, having spanish roots, I have to say that the tapas are far from what they could or should be. For example I ordered Patatas Bravas (fried potato wedges with home made mayo and a very spicy tomato sauce) that had absolutely nothing to do with that very simple dish. I am still not sure, if it was a mix up in the kitchen or if it really is their interpretation of Patatas Bravas. We also had the filled tomato, which was okay. But, everything was underseasoned.

I would (and will) come back for drinks, but I am not sure I am trying those tapas again (the burgers I saw today looked good, though…).

• Visited April 2014
“Quick lunch”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Gone in for quick lunch for one. As I was driving could try beers or ciders, but nevertheless enjoyed my time here. Amazing. Nice friendly staff. Hot and full of flavor lamb! Worth checking out!!!

Anstruther, United Kingdom
“Food a real let down”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Took a friend who was visiting St Andrews here for a few drinks and decided to order some tapas. Big mistake. First of all, we went to order at 7.45pm and were told that the 'kitchen' was only open for 10 more minutes! Not a good first impression. When the food came, the patatas bravas were not cooked, potatoes were raw in the middle, and the other dishes we chose were below average. The cider and beers we tried were quite good, but nothing startling. Also, most of the tables on the ground floor were taken up with individuals sitting with their laptops and just one drink, taking up all the seating area for the whole evening. Nothing to make me want to go back here.

• Visited March 2014