“Wish I could have stayed longer!!”

St Andrews Brewing Co.
Ranked #31 of 142 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Our Brewpub is based at 177 South St and has 16 ever changing taps of fantastic beers from around the globe (including several of our own brews). We boast a 170+ selection of bottled beers, over 30 whiskies and bourbons, over 30 gins and a full wine list of over 20 bottles. Our staff are Cicerone (beer equivalent of a wine sommelier) trained and will take you through our fine selection of drinks we have to offer. We have a full food menu if you are in for some grub and all of our food is locally sourced within 40 minutes of the bar and hand prepared on premises. Families, children, dogs and unwanted in laws are all welcome!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Wish I could have stayed longer!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Popped in here whilst in St. Andrews last week. I'm a big fan of the St Andrew's beers so it made sense to see what the new venture was all about. We sat in the German beer hall upstairs and enjoyed a Fife Gold. The staff were very friendly and full of information. Clientele was a complete mix which made for a noisy but relaxing space. I look forward to returning to try more beers and the food next time.

Portland, Maine
“Go for the great fresh beer and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Guess what? Food comes in third place here, after the Really Good beer and social atmosphere. Fun for happy hour or to settle in for serious conversations. Staff knows their beer info. Drafts a bit pricey, or we'd have given a 5 rating.

St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

popped in today for lunch, it was quite busy but the staff were still quite willing to take time to explain the beer's/ciders. I had the caramelised onion sausage special. It was fantastic! Full of flavour and they don't skimp on the portions. Will definitely vist here again. Well done guys

Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Pub”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great array of beers and nice staff willing to assist. It was very quiet when I was there but they were happy to tell me about the brewery and beers. Really nice and warming settings in the pub would highly recommend

Visited April 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Nice ambience, weird tapas”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

First of all, I don't drink beer, so I have nothing on that topic.

The place is very nice, service was good today and it generally has a little bit more style than other pubs in the area without being overly pricey.

But, having spanish roots, I have to say that the tapas are far from what they could or should be. For example I ordered Patatas Bravas (fried potato wedges with home made mayo and a very spicy tomato sauce) that had absolutely nothing to do with that very simple dish. I am still not sure, if it was a mix up in the kitchen or if it really is their interpretation of Patatas Bravas. We also had the filled tomato, which was okay. But, everything was underseasoned.

I would (and will) come back for drinks, but I am not sure I am trying those tapas again (the burgers I saw today looked good, though…).