“Unblievable”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in St Andrews
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Unblievable”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Walking into the hotel we knew straight away it was going to be amazing. From the outside the hotel is beautiful and has a fantastic view.
The staff were very welcoming and helpful as soon as we arrived and this carried on throughout our trip with breakfast and any of our enquiries.
The room we stayed in was magnificent! Always thought taking a picture for granted from hotel websites was a bad idea but this room was picture perfect! We only stayed here two nights but the maids cleaned our sheets and replaced our towels both mornings.
We also used the facilities of the gym, spa, swimming pool, sauna and steamroom. All of which were top spec.
Overall the trip was amazing and visiting St. Andrews wouldnt have been the same without staying at the Fairmont Hotel.

1 Thank KW21
GarrettTurta, General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Thank-you for choosing to stay with us at Fairmont St. Andrews. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you were able to take advantage of all that we have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the soon.

Regards,

Garrett Turta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I was staying at this hotel for a meeting and it was great. The meetings ran smooth and the staff looked after everyone attending the meeting. I found all staff in the hotel very professional and they couldn't do enough for me. After the meetings I took in some golf on the Kittocks and Torrance and those are great courses. My favorite is the Kittocks with some great views by the sea. I have another meeting coming up in the fall and can't wait to come back. This time I will bring my wife so she can enjoy the spa it looked amazing and some of my colleauges had massages and really enjoyed them. My favorite place was the clubhouse where I had dinner. The absolute best food and views anywhere.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
West Lothian
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Stayed here with friends on a Sunday B & B deal. Absolutely perfect, lovely room. Spotlessly clean. Didnt have much of a view though as it was mega foggy.
Had drinks in the lounge, quite expensive.
Breakfast was superb. So much to choose from.
Would definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank-you for your feedback. We do have stunning views and it was disappointing to hear the fog was quite thick on your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2011

After coming back from St. Andrews we stayed at the Fairmont and we have been told that this was a great hotel. Words cannot desrcibe this place. From the moment we arrvied Davie greeted and remembered us everytime. From there it only got better. The rooms were beautiful and we really enjoyed it. The bathrooms are amazing and my wife really enjoyed relaxing in the bath. Ate in Esperante and my mouth is still watering and I cannot wait to go back and have another meal there. The spa was great and they really took care of us. Every staff member we interacted with only wanted to help us more and more. The training system used in this hotel should be used everywhere as the service is to die for. Finally the breakfast in the morning has an amazing variety and you can tell as it is very busy. We have a new favourite hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 June 2011

All I can say is WOW, we needed a break away and this was the perfect place. We took full advantage of everything the hotel has to offer. We dined in the Squire and Esperante and really enjoyed our meals. The service was fabulous and we felt like we were treated like royalty. My wife went to the spa and enjoyed her experience. She felt the overall treatment was amazing and that it was the best mani / pedi that she ever had. I was able to play a round on the Torrance and this is a great golf course. The rooms are very comfortable and I can honestly say this was the best nights sleep I have ever had. We will be back and thank you fairmount for the great relaxing weekend.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
GarrettTurta, General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Thank-you for choosing to stay with us at Fairmont St. Andrews. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Regards,

Glasgow
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Recently stayed here with my husband and we loved it! A upgrade to a king superior suite welcomed us as we checked in! The staff were lovely and happy to help with anything! We took the complimentary bus into town and got taxis back as there is alot more to do and see in the town! Taxi was only £7! Great pubs and restaurants to visit! All in all a great experience and would definately go back!

• Stayed May 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2011

There is nothing really bad you can say about this hotel but I struggled to put my finger on what was lacking! Then it struck me. Although all the staff were very friendly and efficient (bar the problem I had checking in when I turned invisible and other people got checked in front of me despite being at the front of the queue) , the rooms clean and upmarket and the food being excellent the place lacked heart and soul. It all felt too corporate and lacked charm and the little individual touches that would left you feeling like as valued customer. Don't know how you solve that one! We also felt that the charge for high speed internet access was a bit of a cheek given the cost of the accommodation and should be offered free for the first ten minutes per day at least! Overall a little disappointed.