The rooms were pleasant and comfortable and just about 5 star level, though without the little touches that distinguish the real thing. (You wouldn't be tempted to take any of the toiletries home, there was no TV channel guide, you had to "request" a turn down - and there was no chocolate on your pillow!) The rest of the hotel is low grade corporate, with no areas you would be tempted to linger in. The view from the (sea-view) rooms over the course and bay was great (magical one night) and there is a cliff walk nearby, otherwise the surroudings would only attract active golfers. The "fine dining" restaurant was decent, and decently priced, with some decent wine on offer.(A friend who had been previously noted the restaurant had been reduced in half since the opening - no real takers among the golfers). The service staff were friendly and attentive. The breakfast room - the Atrium - is appallingly like a poor airport departure lounge and the food on offer would disgrace a 3 star hotel. This was the nadir of an otherwise pleasant stay. Most of the guests seemed to be golfers, so perhaps they were on a package which would bring the price down to 3 star levels, but if you are paying 5 star prices, and expect a 5 star experience, and are not desperate for a round of golf, avoid the Fairmont St Andrews. They also wanted £18.00 for an internet connection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting, Fairmont St Andrews has something for everyone. From lavish rooms to a luxurious spa, championship golf to exquisite dining, our five star attention to detail is unsurpassed. Enjoy the views overlooking the medieval St Andrews and the North Sea. Play golf on The Torrance and The Kittocks or wind down in our Fairmont Spa with locally themed treatments using the finest Ishga Skin Care products. Indulge in delicate pastries and cakes in our Savoy Afternoon Tea experience served in the Atrium Lounge with a rich colour scheme and nautical elements that reflect the surrounding landscape including a lighting installation by renowned artist George Singer. We guarantee your stay will become a treasured memory! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairmont St Andrews reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont St Andrews Hotel St. Andrews
- St Andrews Fairmont
- Fairmont St Andrews Scotland