Fairmont St Andrews
Greyfriars Inn(St Andrews)
  • Restaurant
Vardon House(St Andrews)
View Hotel
The Russell Hotel(St Andrews)
Hazelbank Hotel(St Andrews)
Hotel Du Vin(St Andrews)
Ardgowan Hotel(St Andrews)
  • Restaurant
3,630 results
All reviewsla cucinakittocks denrock and spindlecourtesy busgolf coursebar and grillafternoon teabeautiful hotelchanging roomsspa treatmentsleisure facilitiesfront of housesea viewgreat golfspecial occasionjunior suitebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

From checking in to checking out service was excellent with real 5 star treatment from the hotel staff. Hotel and rooms area absolute quality well worth a visit and an excellent base for a visit to St.Andrews.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Fairmont St Andrews.

I was absolutely delighted to learn that from the moment you arrived to the moment you left you had such a wonderful time with us and I shall certainly look forward to sharing your review with the team!

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

As usual I unfortunately find myself having to give yet another poor review to a Fairmont Hotel. The front of house staff were lovely, but 3 phone calls to the spa were not returned, the room was not serviced until after 2 requests at 1pm, the bed sagged, coffee pods were renewed but not biscuits, TV channels had no overview and the remote wasn't working properly, there was no table service to the atrium for lunch (you have to wait at the upstairs bar and order), the room entry card cut out at midday despite having organised late check out and the decor was extremely unappealing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent experience at Fairmont St Andrews.

It is disappointing that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. Our guests feedback is taken very seriously and is invaluable to us and we endeavour to continuously improve our guests experience and I shall certainly share your feedback with the relevant colleagues to address.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future where we can demonstrate our usual high level of service.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Fairmont for some golfing and sightseeing. Overall, a very fantastic stay, and a very fantastic hotel. The ONLY reason I am not giving them the 5th star is their restaurants...more on that below.

But first the good things! Everything about this Fairmont property is wonderful: the rooms are large and comfy, the hotel is beautiful, and the surrounding scenery is hard to beat. Service and staff are first rate: from the time we entered to the time we left, the staff was absolutely great. They were always helpful, friendly, and made us feel like they were glad we chose to stay there. The shuttle service to/from town was awesome, with the drivers twice customizing their times and routes to accomodate our group (they didn't have to do this).

The rooms were great, with great views overlooking the ocean and golf courses. Beds very comfortable, bathrooms nice and big with a separate walk-in shower. And each floor has its own ice machines, saving the need to call for buckets of ice to be delivered! (A rarity in European hotels.)

The breakfast buffet was the best we've had in a long time. Good food, enough selection to avoid having the same things every day, and a make-to-order omelet/egg bar.

And now the not so good....the restaurants. Twice we had dinner in the hotel, first at the Kittocks Den lounge, and another night at the La Cucina Italian restuarant. In both cases the food was fine, even good. But the service was slooooowwwww, unbelievably so for a property like the Fairmont. Not sure what is going on with the running of their kitchens behind the scenes. The food ordered at the Kittocks Den took over one hour from order to service. And the experience at La Cucina was even worse. We had reservations for La Cucina so were seated promptly. But the service was slow from start to finish. All told it took 2.5 hours to get served two bottles of wine, and single course dinners, e.g. pizza, lasagne. 15 minutes after ordering our wine, we could see the bottles sitting at the bar and no watier to bring it to us, so we went up and asked ourselves. Another 30 minutes to get an appetizer, and then another hour to get our food. With the exception of the pizza my wife ordered (which was under-cooked), the food was at least good. My wife asked that the pizza go back in the oven for 5 minutes...but the "chef" threw it out and made a new one....ANOTHER 20 minute wait then for my wife to get her pizza. And the restaurant was not all that busy. Nor were we the only ones experiencing these waits, we actually started joking around with two other tables who were going through the same exact delays. The manager of the La Cucina did profusely apologize, comped the undercooked pizza and discounted the rest of the meal, so I give her credit for recognizing the issues. But really all we wanted was a nice dinner, and would have gladly paid full price for a good experience.

Room Tip: request a room overlooking the ocean and golf courses
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MO_Rates_Em

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience with at Fairmont St Andrews and that you left with such a positive impression. I do believe that this is without a doubt thanks to our staffs professionalism and commitment and I shall certainly look forward to sharing your kind words with them.

I am truly sorry however to learn of your dining experiences. Our guests feedback is important to us and if you have the time, to allow us to look into your experience further, I would be grateful if you would contact us at the following address standrews.scotland@fairmont.com to ensure we are able to respond appropriately to the issues you have raised.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the Fairmont Hotel with my two children for two nights. We were looking to have a nice break when we got there and we weren't disappointed!

We had experienced a speedy check in and were In our room in under ten minutes. Our room was a deluxe sea view room and the view was great. We had afternoon tea in the afternoon of arrival and we were given sandwiches, scones and cakes. They were prepared to a high standard and were very appetising. On our first night we had dinner in The Clubhouse. The view over the sea was breath taking. The food was high quality and also healthy. We used the pool, sauna, steam room and snail shower facilities and thought the facilities were great! We had a reservation for Kittocks' Den the second night but were moved to the Rock & Spindle which was very pleasant. Finally breakfast, what can I say a selection of a full hot breakfast, meats and cheeses, yoghurts, fruits, juices, cereals and pastries was a nice start to the morning.

Overall I would definitely stay at the Fairmont again as I think it lives up to its 5-star rating.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank 13happytraveller
Louise_Bennet, PA to Office Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a reply on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at Fairmont St Andrews.

Your comments are very much appreciated and certainly motivating as we strive to ensure that we exceed our guests expectations. I shall certainly look forward to passing on your kind words onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Once again, the Fairmont St Andrews delivered! Though We ended up on a hike a through the mud on the coastal trail ("just a wee walk, really") the overall experience was top notch. Maureen the concierge even managed to get my husband and his friend onto the Old course for a round on very short notice (1 day!). The St Andrews staff is amazing- can always give great restaurant recommendations (thanks Kenny) and get you on the course (within 20 minutes of arriving the guys were on the Torrance course - because "its a lovely day and you should go on- we will put your bags in your room" )
If you want exceptional service, friendliness and comfort in St Andrews this is the place! Don't let people discourage you that its "outside town"-it is close in and not loud like some in town places. Plus you have a fabulous golf course and the sea right outside your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite- awesome! Or an upper floor facing the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent experience at Fairmont St Andrews.

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us and you have left with such positive memories. I believe that it is with thanks to our staffs professionalism and dedication that assist our guests in having such an enjoyable time with us and I shall certainly look forward to passing on your kind words; especially to Mauireen and Kenny!

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future