Fairmont St Andrews
Greyfriars Inn(St Andrews)(Great Value!)
US$185
  • Restaurant
Rufflets Hotel(St Andrews)
US$249
US$273
Agoda.com
Albany Hotel(St Andrews)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$232
Travelocity
US$106
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn St Andrews Hotel(St Andrews)(Great Value!)
US$147
PremierInn.com
The Russell Hotel(St Andrews)
  • Breakfast included
3,632 results
All reviewsla cucinakittocks denrock and spindlecourtesy busgolf coursebar and grillafternoon teabeautiful hotelchanging roomsspa treatmentsleisure facilitiesfront of housesea viewgreat golfspecial occasionjunior suitebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

What a wonderful weekend, the staff were amazing and the hotel is beautiful, excellent facilities, great children's play room with free table tennis, air hockey, connect four etc, the hotel also put on movies and Easter activities were great, we had breakfast included and this was super - felt completely full until late afternoon. St Andrews is only a short drive or the hotel offer an complimentary bus service which runs hourly at this time of year ! Wonderful stay !

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful time with us over Easter and you enjoyed many of our facilities, leaving with such a positive impression! I shall look forward to sharing your kind words with the team as I so believe that it is with thanks to their commitment and dedication that helps our guests to feel so welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We came for an overninght spa Sunday/Monday and had an excellent time. The location is restful and picturesque just outside St Andrews with golf courses to look out on and sea. The valet parking and welcome on arrival is very cheering and you are instantly a welcome guest. We had fab treatments by lovely therapists. Our room was spacious including a very decent bathroom with sep shower. Our dinner and breakfast were also great. The fillet steak was cooked perfectly to ea person's requirements. All the staff throughout the hotel are very attentive including housekeeping. Would definately come again.
I do agree with another writer regarding the atrium it is a very big space but I guess if they run conferences this is maybe needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us hear of your recent visit to Fairmont St Andrews and for your kind words. I am delighted to hear that you had such a relaxing time and you were able to enjoy everything about your experience with us.

It imperative to us that we do everything possible to ensure our guests have such a memorable experience with us, from the friendliness of our staff to the accommodation and setting. It is so encouraging to have such feedback and I shall look forward to passing your kind words onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a fabulous hotel run but polite, helpful and enthusiastic staff. The facilities are superb and if you like golf you don't even have to go into St Andrews to be able to enjoy links golf of the highest quality. Everyone at the resort was extremely friendly. If you only have a few days, the sort of help provided by the staff to help you find your way around the area is invaluable.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent experience at Fairmont St Andrews.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and you left with such a positive impression! I shall look forward to sharing your kind words with the team as I truly believe that it is with thanks to their commitment and dedication that our guests are made to feel so welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I planned a romantic weekend for two at the St Andrews Fairmont. I booked dinner, bed and breakfast for two nights but wish I had stuck with room only as that was the only highlight of this so-called 5* hotel! We booked the Italian restaurant for the Friday and the buffet in the main restaurant for the Saturday. The Italian was 'ok' but it lacked atmosphere. We had starved ourselves all day for a lovely meal on the Saturday night. We booked the table for 8pm and we stood until 8.10 to be seated. Various members of staff kept walking past and didn't even acknowledge that we were standing waiting to be seated. Once seated, we then waited 20 mins for our drinks order to be taken. Once the drinks were ordered, my husband said 'let's see what delights the chef has for us' and we both headed to the buffet with excitement. There was no chef and certainly no delights. Our options were: very over cooked pasta, ham and pineapple in a gravy, macaroni cheese, processed chicken fillets, frozen pizza and chips. No vegetables (well, apart from the veg in the cous cous and some in the ham & pineapple gravy dish!). I've never been so disappointed, it really spoilt our 'romantic dinner'. When we checked out, we told the receptionist (she was very nice) and she said that the manger would call and discuss our concerns, that was 7 days ago and no call! Would we go back? I think we'll stick with the Old Course hotel next time. If desperate for accommodation we would go on a room only basis at the Fairmont...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Trip Advisor page following your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and I was sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

To allow us to look into your experience further, I would be grateful if you would contact us at the following address standrews.scotland@fairmont.com to ensure we are able to respond appropriately to the issues you have raised on this site.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Always hard to write criticism when one has encountered a thoroughly nice team. Most areas worked well but the restaurant offer and management (understaffed) is well below par for a hotel of this standing and the huge atrium area just doesn't have any atmos.

Having said that heard the spa was great and sadly didn't have time to check it out and the front of house staff couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming.

If the gripes were fixed this would be a very good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at Fairmont St Andrews.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and found our staff to be so friendly and welcoming. I was however disappointed to read your comments with regards to our dining outlets and that you felt the Atrium lacked atmosphere. I shall certainly pass you comments on to the relevant colleagues to address.

I do hope that we have to opportunity of welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future where we can demonstrate our usual high standard of service.