And it was a spectacular view of St.Andrew's and the sea from our hotel. In the evening we dined at a restaurant nearby which is ran and owned by the hotel and once fog obstructed the view, we felt like we were atop of a mountain nestled on a fluffy cloud. In a standard sized room we had to pay for the Wi-Fi which in today’s time and age is simply odd. Even some remote bed and breakfast places in Laddakh in India offer it free of charge let alone the crown of St. Andrew’s. I could not resist the feeling that things were simply average in this hotel, service and facilities except for breakfast, which offered a wonderful array of local specialities, the best Scottish salmon, breads and all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting, Fairmont St Andrews has something for everyone. From lavish rooms to a luxurious spa, championship golf to exquisite dining, our five star attention to detail is unsurpassed. Enjoy the views overlooking the medieval St Andrews and the North Sea. Play golf on The Torrance and The Kittocks or wind down in our Fairmont Spa with locally themed treatments using the finest Ishga Skin Care products. Indulge in delicate pastries and cakes in our Savoy Afternoon Tea experience served in the Atrium Lounge with a rich colour scheme and nautical elements that reflect the surrounding landscape including a lighting installation by renowned artist George Singer. We guarantee your stay will become a treasured memory! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont St Andrews reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont St Andrews Hotel St. Andrews
- St Andrews Fairmont
- Fairmont St Andrews Scotland