“Fairmont”

Kilbarchan
“Fairmont”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Staff excellent and attentive hotel services 1st class. Food very good
Leisure facilities very good and good standard throughout the hotel
Superb views if the sea and St Andrews.Rooms very comfortable

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Louise_Bennet, PA to Director at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you and had such a fantastic time with us and I shall look forward to sharing your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont for two nights. Although the early May bank holiday the hotel was very quiet which suited us. This was our third stay at the hotel and we are still impressed with the service, quality and value for money. We ate in the hotel both evenings. My meal at the Clubhouse was a little disappointing - the langoustine bisque was grainy. The rocket and prosciutto pizza and Sicilian lemon sweet I chose the second evening in La Cucina was delicious. Breakfast is an amazing experience as and shouldn't be missed!
The room was immaculate and the best we've been in to date.

1 Thank Liza_Clare
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for posting such a positive review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Fairmont St Andrew.

I am delighted that once again you had such a wonderful time with us. It is without a doubt thanks to our staff’s commitment and professionalism that we can offer our guests such a warm and welcoming service and I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team.

It is disappointing to read your comments with regards to your meal at The Clubhouse; I shall certainly ask that this is addressed. I was however pleased that the following evening you had a more enjoyable experience in La Cucina.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews for another enjoyable stay in the future!
Glasgow
Reviewed 10 May 2014

From start to finish, this was an outstanding stay. Upgraded on arrival plus a glass of pro secco because our reservation couldn't be found! Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Rooms pristine clean and food quality in restaurants superb. Would highly recommend this hotel for a special stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience whilst staying with us and post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you left with such a positive impression! I shall look forward to sharing your kind words with the team.

I was sorry to learn of your unfortunate experience upon your arrival; I am pleased that whist we resolved this you were able to enjoy a glass of prosecco!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stay here quite frequently, I have elderly parents nearby, the hotel allow dogs and for us if you book a suite it's a home from home and we don't need to get too involved in the 'resort' feel of the place, so take my requirements into consideration when reading.

We are always greeted by the same staff of the Concierge Team, who recognise us, are very helpful and even remember that our little Cairn Terrier likes shortbread.....which (after asking us) they always give her some! How's that for a welcome..... A brief chat with Charlie and off he pops and parks my car whilst Davie takes all our stuff in....... I think you get the gist of what I'm saying so I don't think I need wax lyrically for any longer. Book a suite and take it for what it is. Personally, the food is very average, it's not cheap to stay there and drinks are quite expensive..... but for us it's a home from home when we go to St Andrews and I'm a fussy guy, so I rate it 5 star warts and all!

Room Tip: Book a suite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that once again you had such an enjoyable time with us and that you found our staff to have such a friendly and welcoming manner. I truly believe this is down to our their commitment and dedication and I look forward to passing on your kind words to the team, especially to Charlie and Davey!

We do as a matter of course monitor our prices to ensure that they are in line with other five star establishments within Scotland; however I will certainly pass your comments, to the relevant colleagues to ensure that this is reviewed and remains to be closely monitored.

We look forward to having the pleasure once again of welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.
Kelty, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here on 4th may. Experience was good. The only issue I would point out is I had a back massage which was rushed and not relaxing at all. The service at the bar was very slow. We waited over 20 mins for our drinks to be delivered to our table after ordering.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us whilst celebrating your birthday and that you left with such a positive impression! I shall look forward to sharing your kind words with the team.

I was however sorry to learn of your experience in the Spa; all our Therapist are very experienced and it is most uncommon to receive such feedback. However I shall certainly pass your comments onto the relevant colleague to look into.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.
Falkirk
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Highly recommend this hotel. Overall experience wonderful. Clubhouse restaurant worth a visit - excellent food and service. The swimming pool is lovely and the spa is beautiful. Bedrooms are sumptuous with large bathrooms. Toiletries are gorgeous -from New York!

1 Thank Jacki G

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and that you left with such a positive impression! I shall look forward to sharing your kind words the entire team as they will be thrilled to read your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future!
Peterhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Having arrived with the family in mid afternoon it was disappointing to find our rooms were not ready, having booked afternoon tea we had no option but to go in the clothes we had been travelling in, the tea was amazing really well presented by very friendly staff, went to club house for a meal in the evening where the staff were again very helpful, the food was overpriced to say the least, the lemon sole was so minuscule it pitiful more like a childs fish finger portion then an adults meal breakfasts were nice well presented in buffet style, we ate in the Italian at night which was nice although again on the higher side of the price bracket for the quality of food we received . Also being in on a dinner bed and breakfast rate the allocation towards dinner is £25 which will not cover a 3 course meal in any of the restaurants Coming back to the rooms they are beautiful and cannot fault them in anything other then the maid being rather late on servicing our rooms , having elderly parents with us they wanted back to their room after 4pm to find they had not been serviced just find that a little annoying

Stayed May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent experience at Fairmont St Andrews.

I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your time with us with your family. I do believe that it is with thanks to the commitment and professionalism of our staff that allows our guests to feel so welcome and I shall certainly look forward to passing on your kind words to the team.

Our usual check-in time is 3pm and I am sorry that your room was not ready for you on your arrival and for the disappointment that this caused you. I am however pleased that you enjoyed Afternoon Tea with us and found the quality and service to be so exceptional.
We do as a matter of course monitor our prices to ensure that they are in line with other five star establishments within Scotland; however I will certainly pass your comments, along with the portion sizes in Clubhouse to the relevant colleagues to ensure that this is reviewed and remains to be closely monitored.

May I thank you for your additional observations; these are most helpful as we look to continuously improve our guests experience and I shall certainly pass these on to the relevant colleagues to address.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.