“Excellent hotel”

Fairmont St Andrews
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in St Andrews
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont for the weekend and was very impressed with the hotel. The rooms were very elegant and the spa/pool was lovely. The gym was a bit disappointing, the treadmills were up against a wall, with excellent views that they have it would make more sense to have them looking out of the window, it would defiantly give you more inspiration to exercise. Thankfully I had left my training gear at home so it was the bar and restaurant that impressed. The setting of the hotel is fantastic, even if you are not there for the golf, the golfing memorabilia that adorn the walls is well worth a look, the staff were excellent, especially the greeter in reception with full kilt regalia, definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the sea would be excellent, but all rooms very good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent trip to Fairmont St Andrews.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with and that you left on such a positive note. I truly believe that that it without a doubt that it is with thanks to our staffs commitment and professionalism that we can contribute to our guests having such a wonderful time with us and I shall certainly look forward to passing on your kind words.

Likewise I am delighted that you found time to relax in our Spa before hitting our restaurantsand bars!

May I thank you for your constructive comments with regards to the layout of our gym, this is most helpful to us as we continuously look to improve our guests experience and I shall share this with the relevant colleague to consider the next time we look to rearrange the equipment.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed here before and again was impressed with the hotel. It is about ten minute drive from St.Andrews and there is shuttle bus until six o'clock. Reception staff excellent and our room was very nice and spacious with a view of the golf course and sea. The bed was top notch very comfortable. Breakfast is buffet style but is very good with an excellent selection both cooked to fresh fruit. They do deals so look out for them so will go back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent experience at Fairmont St Andrews.

I am delighted that yet again you had such a wonderful time with us that that you found your room to be so comfortable and likewise that you enjoyed our breakfast banquet. I shall certainly pass your kind words on to the team.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Staff excellent and attentive hotel services 1st class. Food very good
Leisure facilities very good and good standard throughout the hotel
Superb views if the sea and St Andrews.Rooms very comfortable

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Louise_Bennet, PA to Director at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you and had such a fantastic time with us and I shall look forward to sharing your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont for two nights. Although the early May bank holiday the hotel was very quiet which suited us. This was our third stay at the hotel and we are still impressed with the service, quality and value for money. We ate in the hotel both evenings. My meal at the Clubhouse was a little disappointing - the langoustine bisque was grainy. The rocket and prosciutto pizza and Sicilian lemon sweet I chose the second evening in La Cucina was delicious. Breakfast is an amazing experience as and shouldn't be missed!
The room was immaculate and the best we've been in to date.

1  Thank Liza_Clare
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for posting such a positive review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Fairmont St Andrew.

I am delighted that once again you had such a wonderful time with us. It is without a doubt thanks to our staff’s commitment and professionalism that we can offer our guests such a warm and welcoming service and I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team.

It is disappointing to read your comments with regards to your meal at The Clubhouse; I shall certainly ask that this is addressed. I was however pleased that the following evening you had a more enjoyable experience in La Cucina.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews for another enjoyable stay in the future!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

From start to finish, this was an outstanding stay. Upgraded on arrival plus a glass of pro secco because our reservation couldn't be found! Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Rooms pristine clean and food quality in restaurants superb. Would highly recommend this hotel for a special stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience whilst staying with us and post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you left with such a positive impression! I shall look forward to sharing your kind words with the team.

I was sorry to learn of your unfortunate experience upon your arrival; I am pleased that whist we resolved this you were able to enjoy a glass of prosecco!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stay here quite frequently, I have elderly parents nearby, the hotel allow dogs and for us if you book a suite it's a home from home and we don't need to get too involved in the 'resort' feel of the place, so take my requirements into consideration when reading.

We are always greeted by the same staff of the Concierge Team, who recognise us, are very helpful and even remember that our little Cairn Terrier likes shortbread.....which (after asking us) they always give her some! How's that for a welcome..... A brief chat with Charlie and off he pops and parks my car whilst Davie takes all our stuff in....... I think you get the gist of what I'm saying so I don't think I need wax lyrically for any longer. Book a suite and take it for what it is. Personally, the food is very average, it's not cheap to stay there and drinks are quite expensive..... but for us it's a home from home when we go to St Andrews and I'm a fussy guy, so I rate it 5 star warts and all!

Room Tip: Book a suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that once again you had such an enjoyable time with us and that you found our staff to have such a friendly and welcoming manner. I truly believe this is down to our their commitment and dedication and I look forward to passing on your kind words to the team, especially to Charlie and Davey!

We do as a matter of course monitor our prices to ensure that they are in line with other five star establishments within Scotland; however I will certainly pass your comments, to the relevant colleagues to ensure that this is reviewed and remains to be closely monitored.

We look forward to having the pleasure once again of welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here on 4th may. Experience was good. The only issue I would point out is I had a back massage which was rushed and not relaxing at all. The service at the bar was very slow. We waited over 20 mins for our drinks to be delivered to our table after ordering.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us whilst celebrating your birthday and that you left with such a positive impression! I shall look forward to sharing your kind words with the team.

I was however sorry to learn of your experience in the Spa; all our Therapist are very experienced and it is most uncommon to receive such feedback. However I shall certainly pass your comments onto the relevant colleague to look into.