“Fantastic experience”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in St Andrews
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed in the fairmont hotel on Thursday 29th may, the room I have to say was amazing, 2double beds , booked a double, but more than enough room, great bathroom and the bed was so comfortable , had a really good sleep. The breakfast ,well what can I say, overall fabulous, such a wide choice of fruit juices, cereals , breads, rolls, cakes. Hot plate all buffet style with an omelette station too. Would definitely return as the service was impeccable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to right a review following your recent experience at Fairmont St Andrews!

I was thrilled to read your review and so pleased that you found your room to be so spacious and comfortable and the breakfast to be so enjoyable and plentiful!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is where we stayed in St. Andrews, Scotland May 27-29/2014. It's beautiful; I would stay there again; I would recommend it & it's the resort hotel that the famous St. Andrews University Fashion Show took place when Kate Middleton (now the Duchess of Cambridge) wore the 2-piece see-thru dress that first caught HRH Prince William of Wales eye at Uni.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jill L
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a reply on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Fairmont St Andrews.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time wth us and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Dennyloanhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautiful hotel, stunning views. First time at this hotel. Had Afternoon Tea there for Aunt's birthday. Cannot fault the service from the staff. Very pleasant and polite. However, even although the Afternoon Tea was lovely, I've had better elsewhere and cheaper. Could've done with some more sandwiches. Afterwards we sat in the Atrium area which was also lovely. Surprisingly, however, the light shades on the lights between the seated areas were in need of complete replacement. They were very cheap and papery looking as some were burst and you could see the dead flies inside. Not what you would expect to see in a hotel of this calibre.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JacquelineH28
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent experience with us.

I am delighted that you and your Aunt enjoyed your Afternoon Tea and found the service to be faultless. I shall certainly look forward to sharing your kind words with the team!

I was however disappointed and sorry to read your comments with regards to the condition of the lights in the Atrium. I shall certainly ask that this is addressed immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andres in the future
Borders
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've stayed twice in the last month. Once for a night away with my wife and once with colleagues. It's a good hotel, pretty anonymous. Check in is good, and they remember you. Rooms are high standard with good big bathrooms and good products. Wifi is only £4 per 24 hrs which is cheap in this type of hotel. (Marriott £15!!). Noticed the pool and spa areas were a bit tatty and needed a sort out. Water pooling in the floor, tiles a bit scruffy and poolside needs a bit of attention. Other than that a great couple of stays. Excellent breakfast service and choice.
One observation - this hotel has a fantastic world class view over St Andrews and the beach in town. Why was there not a bar area built looking over this view instead of looking into the atrium of the hotel. A cocktail bar on the second floor, front of the hotel looking out over the view to the west would make this a destination hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and likewise for your loyalty!

I am delighted that you had a lovely time with us once again and found our reception and concierge teams to be so friendly and welcoming, I shall certainly look forward to sharing your kind words with them.

Likewise I am pleased to learn that you found our guestrooms to be both spacious and comfortable and the amenities were to your taste.

You may wish to consider joining our Fairmont President Club; it is free to join and whilst you can build up your points over the year you can also receive many complimentary benefits throughout all Fairmont hotels such as complimentary wifi from the minute you join!

May I thank you also for your additional observations and suggestions; I shall certainly pass these on to the relevant Directors to address.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My partner and I purchased an Amazon local voucher for a night away here with breakfast, and had an excellent stay. The room was excellent, as was the service throughout.

I can highly recommend the afternoon tea upon arrival. The spa facilities were also very nice, clean and modern.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and that you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea experience upon your arrival! I shall certainly look forward to sharing your kind words with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.
Glasgow
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Only able to stay one day, but felt very relaxed, refreshed and re-charged after our trip. We had our 20 month old baby who loved visiting the pool and the best aspect is the amazing breakfast service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and that even after one night, you felt recharged and energised! Likewise I am delighted that your little one enjoyed splashing around in the pool and that you all enjoyed the breakfast banquet and the service that went with it! I shall certainly look forward to passing on your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont in the future!
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My son and I stayed at the Fairmont while on a golf trip. It is a fantastic place! Very nice rooms, several excellent dining options and great service by all the staff. The breakfast buffet was very good and the restaurant at the golf clubhouse has fantastic views to create a great dining experience. We didn't use the spa, but it appeared to be first class. It is a few miles from the town, but they provide a shuttle service, if needed. This was our second visit and would definitely return, if I am able to return to St. Andrews.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

I am delighted that you and your son had such an enjoyable time with us and that you got some quality time together whilst enjoying our various facilities and soaking up a magnificent views from our Clubhouse. I am guessing a few rounds of golf were involved whilse you were here and I hope that you enjoyed these too!

Thank you for your loyalty; we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future.