Fairmont St Andrews
US$218
US$560
TripAdvisor
3,659 results
All reviewsla cucinakittocks denrock and spindlecourtesy busgolf coursebar and grillafternoon teabeautiful hotelchanging roomsspa treatmentsleisure facilitiesfront of housesea viewgreat golfspecial occasionjunior suitebirthday treat
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great rooms, stunning location however, food and service not worthy of 5 star status. Club House restaurant in a stunning location overlooking St Andrew's Bay and up the coast, nice ambience. A real shame that the food wasn't brilliant.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent experience at Fairmont St Andrews.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall time with us; however I was sorry that your dining experience did not meet with your expectations. I shall certainly discuss your comments with the relevant colleagues and ask them the address.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Fairmont St Andrews in the future

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I made the mistake of taking my girlfriend to this hotel, room lovely we both thought this is going to be nice wrong, the restaurant in the hotel was closed leaving one choice the Italian o dear it was awful over priced the portions that small you could fit the food on a roll, plus it was not what was described on the menu.so we decided to have a dfink in the bar another mistake service was the worst I have ever come asross , from being ignored to been served the wrong drink to standing waiting for ten minutes to get served .a problem came up with somebody's order it then took 3 of the staff to try and solve it leaving 1 person to serve ridiculous . This completely spoiled my girlfriends birthday I will never return to this hotel. After spending all this money and complaining how very poor are stay was I was compensated £29 wow thanks for nothing .what a terrible terrible stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kenneth M
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent experience.

Our guests feedback is invaluable to us and we do take it very seriously as we look to grow and develop both as a hotel and brand.

Following the emails that you sent directly to the hotel, I can confirm that your experience was fully investigated. Following our findings we believe that the appropriate level of compensation was offered to you and I am sorry that this does not meet with your expectations.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Dirty and disgusting overflow of toilet wash hand basin, torn bed sheets, noise at 3a.m. Of guest outside smoking for 30 minutes.
First time I have made a totally negative report of hotel. Of all the hotels I have stayed in this is the worst experience.

2  Thank John K
Louise_Bennet, PA to General Manager at Fairmont St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Trip Advisor page following your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and I was sorry to learn of your experience.

To allow us to look into your experience further, I would be grateful if you would contact us at the following address standrews.scotland@fairmont.com to ensure we are able to respond appropriately to the issues you have raised on this site.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Beautiful resort location. Best view in the St. Andrews area. Very accessible to town. Nice golf course, busy but not as congested as the Links courses in town. Highly recommend the Clubhouse for evening dining. Limited menu but good food, terrific staff and memorable view. The hotel has a good staff which is very responsive. Good value for the pricing. Corner sea view rooms are hard to beat, but land view rooms are a reasonable value and you can enjoy the view at the Clubhouse Restaurant or while walking the grounds.

1  Thank Kevin W

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time and found our colleagues so be so helpful and courteous and your dining experience at our Clubhouse to be so memorable. We strive to meet our guests expectations and it is very encouraging and motivating to receive such feedback. I believe that it is thanks to our staff’s commitment and professionalism that we can offer our guests such a warm and welcoming service, and I shall look forward to sharing your generous words with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our final University stay and we decided to have a suite with a sea view, great room with a lovely lounge area, from our first welcome to our final departure we have never been disappointed. This is a very relaxing hotel and the coastal walk to St Andrews is one not to miss.

Room Tip: Sea view on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the tip to post your review on following your recent stay at The Fairmont St Andrews and for choosing to spend your last stay in St Andrews with us!

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the future!