“No Better Place in St Andrews”
Review of Hazelbank Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Hazelbank Hotel
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in St Andrews
Cheshire, Connecticut
“No Better Place in St Andrews”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am happy to say myself and 6 other people stayed for 3 days at the Hazelbank and could not have been happier. Michael and his staff were remarkable in every way, making our stay perfect. The location is terrific with views of The Old Course and walking distance to everything. I would recommend The Hazelbank to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colorado
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed in a 1-bed on the top floor. The room was plenty sufficient, perhaps on the smaller side but I had no plans to stay in my room in this great town. The hotel is exceptionally clean, the location is terrific and the owners/staff are wonderful. I would absolutely stay again on our next visit. Thanks Marian, Michael, and Susie!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DENColorado
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed with my daughter in Room 2, a first floor twin overlooking the sea for one night only on a visit to see her brother at Uni. Having asked if my son could join us for breakfast I was told that would be no problem and it clearly wasn't. An early woken student son was made to feel welcome and the breakfast was much appeciated. All the staff were genuinely friendly and efficient.
Small but much appreciated details make this hotel, such as
- before arrival, the booking was taken on trust with no credit card details asked for;
- upon arrival, a jug of fresh milk was brought to our room on arrival for us to make some tea;
- upon departure owner Michael informed us that 'student breakfasts' as provided for my son were complimentary.
The only matter that was less than satisfactory was a temporary problem with the Wi-Fi reception in our room but upon inquiry I was at once offered use of the hotel computer if needed.
This is without doubt an exceptionally good value, clean, efficient and friendly hotel to which we will return without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Simply wonderful. My husband and I stayed for 4 nights at Hazelbank and just loved it! When I made the booking I asked for a sea view.... And I wasn't disappointed - I could lie in bed and gaze out over the sea, which for a city-gal was just perfect. The room was great, a brilliant location, breakfasts delicious and lovely hosts in Michael and Marion. I think that the only down-side is that St Andrews is just too far from home otherwise we would have to make it a regular weekend escape destination! We look forward to staying again, hopefully not too far int he future!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dingem
wolves
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just had a really enjoyable stay for 4 days at the Hazelbank Hotel in St. Andrews. Everything about it was first class. We had a room on the fist floor with truly amazing views of the sea and golf courses.

Breakfasts were taken in the dining room overlooking the bay and there was everything you could ask for on offer.

We have stayed at hotels all around the world and have to say this comes highly recommended. Nothing was too much trouble and it's position sets it apart.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ownerofbravaccios
Calgary
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hazelbank for 3 nights Oct 31- Nov 2 2013. We were in St Andrews for Golf. The Hazelbank was excellent. It is a great location, less than 5 minute walk to the old course first tee. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. We changed our plans on short notice and checked out one day early and they did not charge us and were very nice about it. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
perth
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Delightful hotel with charming staff. My eight-year-old daughter and I felt very welcome. The hotel has an individuality that you don't often find. I liked the traditional feel and the absence of any pretentiousness. The service was friendly, relaxed and efficient. The hotel rooms were warm and spacious. Added to that, we had a lovely sea view from our bedroom. We went to St Andrews for a last-minute break and the Hazelbank made our holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family