“Convenient location, excellent service, and delicious breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Castlemount Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 73 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Convenient location, excellent service, and delicious breakfast”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at Castlemount with my mom and friend the other week while visiting my brother at St. Andrews. My friend and I had the Garden View room, which had two twin beds, and my mom stayed in Claire's Room, which had one double bed. Both rooms were very comfortable, with some of the softest mattresses we had ever slept on (apparently they're from Costco, who knew!), cozy duvets, daily tea service, and small but clean and new en suite bathrooms. Claire's Room in particular had a great view of the St. Andrews Castle right across the street.

Breakfast was DELICIOUS. Between all of us we tried pretty much everything offered on the menu multiple times over the week, but it never got old. Pancakes, eggs benedict, fruit salad, homemade jam, and porridge with whiskey cream were especially good. I'm a vegetarian, and the cook Kirsty went out of her way to accommodate me with veggie sausage and vegetarian versions of items on the menu (e.g. vegetarian eggs benedict). The only other B&B I've stayed at, in Edinburgh, was basically just confused why I didn't want meat haha and didn't make any effort.

The location was perfect for us. My brother was staying at St. Salvator's hall, which was right next door. It was easy to walk to the castle, the cathedral ruins, or any of the restaurants/shopping in town. And best of all, you get an incredible view of the castle and the North Sea from the dining room and most of the bedrooms. mmm

Jerry, Kirsty, and the dining room staff were all very friendly and helpful. When we told Jerry, the owner, that we were here to visit my brother at the university, Jerry invited him to eat breakfast with us every day for the whole week. My brother eats a lot, so this was no small offer lol, but it meant a lot to us since we went all the way to Scotland specifically to visit him. Another example is that one day while we were out walking around, it suddenly started pouring rain. When we got back to the B&B, Kirsty immediately offered us fresh towels and dried my mom's coat for her so we could warm up. They really went above and beyond, and if I ever go back to St. Andrews I will definitely stay at Castlemount again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at Castlemount last week. We had a two room suite with ensuite for myself, my husband and our teenage son. The building is beautiful in a fantastic location with stunning views over the sea. The place is full of character - especially Jerry our host. Breakfast was great - even catering for my son who has an endless appetite.
We could not find fault with anything and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RuthHelen2014
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just back from 2 days at the Castlemount - it was the best B & B I have stayed in & far superior to many hotels I have visited. Jerry & Kirsty made us very welcome, the room was beautuful, clean, with quality bedding on the very comfortable beds & with the bonus of a great sea view. Breakfast was fantastic - cereals, fresh fruit salad, dried fruit, cheeses, porridge, bacon & eggs etc and of course, the american pancake with maple syrup. All cooking is done to order - try the specials, especially the eggs benedict! Attention to detail was excellent, such as the handwritten labels tied with ribbon on the jam pots. The porridge was served in a bowl sitting on a piece of slate with an individual sugar bowl with cute little spoon. Although these are little things, they highlight the thought & care that the owners have had to ensure that staying there is memorable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a2night stay at the Claremont what can I say truly wonderful. The owner Jerry couldn't be more helpful, our room was lovely, clean and very comfortable with fabulous views. The breakfast what can I say it was truly fabulous, as was the staff who couldn't have been more friendly. I couldn't recommend this B&B more highly and I will certainly be returning. Helen

Stayed March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent! From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Clair with a friendly Welcome and lot's of helpful local info to the over the top breakfasts and the most lovely and comfortable accommodations we loved it. Great location across from the North Sea and close to restaurants, shopping and everything we were hoping for.

Room Tip: The patio suite was great!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We have stayed here three times and it has always been excellent. The convenience, the view, the homely breakfast and warm welcome couldn't be better. Parking is right outside and you are in close proximity to the shops and restaurants. The hosts are always pleased to help you. The rooms are also homely, clean and tidy. Checking in and out is flexible - we even did some washing!

Room Tip: They only have a few as it is their home. Book early.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim J
Edinburgh
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have to concur with all the favourable reviews - we had a first class experience at Castlemount and couldn't fault it in any way. We received a warm welcome, had a beautiful room with a very comfortable bed and found the owners accommodating in the extreme. The service was efficient, friendly yet non-intrusive and the breakfast was well prepared and beautifully presented - just what we hope for at any B&B but rarely find. When we return to St Andrews, we will look no further for suitable accommodation.

Thank you Jerry & staff!