“all about me”
Review of Artery Gifts

Artery Gifts
Ranked #4 of 17 Shopping in St Andrews
More attraction details
Owner description: Artery St Andrews offers the very best in handmade gifts, homewares, crafts and jewellery from Scotland and the UK. Whether you are looking for something eye-catching for your home, a special present or wedding gift, come and see our stunning range. For handmade clocks, candles and soap with only natural ingredients, beautiful textiles, gorgeous glassware and the very unusual - come to Artery.
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Jason gave me a break. How many times do we get a break, as adults? Not often. When we step, falteringly into a new place, become someone we weren't before, we come to it with little self confidence. At the age of 50 after bringing up five children and supporting my man in all his bonkers ventures, helping to bring each one to a good level of success, I had, to a degree, lost myself. When I forged a new path, going to art school as a very mature 'student' I came away with the intense desire to re-shape myself. I remember the day I arrived at the gallery, unsure, scared stiff plus paintings. Were they rubbish? Were they good? I pushed through the doors and said hallo I'm Judy. I'm an artist. Nothing about that felt comfortable. Jason said hallo. let me look. And he did. My whole self was on the line at that moment. He liked a few of them and took them. The leaving euphoria was like nothing I had ever known because he said yes to ME. We continued a lovely friendly welcoming and dynamic relationship for some years, until I decided to write the book of my life which now has taken off into realms I never anticipated. But.......the first guy to give me a break, to let me fly, was Jason and I will ever thank him in my heart. One day, as I am now painting again, I hope he might give me another. My book, Island Wife is worth a read (so they tell me) I wish the gallery all the success it can possibly get, because it is run by people whose hearts, minds, and eyes are truly open.

1  Thank wildjude
arty63, Manager at Artery Gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hi Judy,

Always lovely to hear from you and thank you for reviewing us! I'll get back to your via email and we can chat about these new paintings and catch up.

Alex x

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great place to get unique pieces of art. Always pop in when Im in st Andrews. Wish there were more affordable artists to choose from.

Thank you for reviewing our gallery. I'm glad you come in regularly and enjoy the pieces we have on display.

I'm with you when it comes to some more affordable art. We're on a hunt for artists right now to find some painters to fill the £100 to £300 gap that we seem to have. I'm also looking for another affordable jeweller. I'm not sure if i'll manage before Christmas but i'll try.

In the meantime we will set up an affordable Christmas Gift section on the website to help our customers spot the bargain buys.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is one of my favourite places. I used to make the long trip to Crieff just to visit the gallery. When one opened up in St Andrews I went there when on holiday, twice. The owners were always very happy to see you as a customer and when I bought things were very eager to tell me all about the pieces. I could tell they were passionate about their gallery and about art. It felt like a very personal service.

Great website. Online purchasing went well when I did it, as they had good photos, descriptions and specifications of the items. Plus you could recreate your wall colour to see if it went with your décor!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It really helps us to receive these ratings and comments and I feel very proud when i read them.

We will have been in business for 10 years next year and its all thanks to our loyal, enthusiastic customers who have given a tremendous amount of support and encouragement.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I bought an original iron sculpture which I love. I could have spent a fortune in this shop and would recommend a visit when in Edinburgh. Not to be missed!!

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the review. I hope you have been to our gallery in St Andrews, if not please do visit when you're in the area. We have metal sculptures aplenty and these are all also available to view online.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

T

It sells nice silver and plastic designer jewellery, trinkets, photo frames, glass cubes, metal vases and paintings..

It would be good for a wedding present or birthday present, but I agree with the previous reviewer who said that it aint an attraction. Its not exactly something you would plan a visit around. Its the size of my living room!

Very nice though, if a bit pricey.

Worth a look if you buying presents.

arty63, Manager at Artery Gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Hi Karrren,

Thank you for reviewing our Gallery! I'm so glad you like our range of art works. We're not quite an 'Attraction' you're right, we're an Arts Venue, and yes a small one! But the best things come in small packages and i'm happy that you have enjoyed your visit. Some items can be a bit pricey, but we have tried to combat that with some more affordable pieces starting at £6.

I hope you visit our gallery again in the future.