“Great shop”
Review of Artery Gifts

Artery Gifts
Ranked #4 of 18 Shopping in St Andrews
More attraction details
Owner description: Artery St Andrews offers the very best in handmade gifts, homewares, crafts and jewellery from Scotland and the UK. Whether you are looking for something eye-catching for your home, a special present or wedding gift, come and see our stunning range. For handmade clocks, candles and soap with only natural ingredients, beautiful textiles, gorgeous glassware and the very unusual - come to Artery.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went with my partner Andrea, visit gallery. Loads of great artwork to be found. Very unique paintings and sculptures. Staff very attentive. Bought an art piece. Will definitely visit again

arty63, Manager at Artery Gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

A fantastic selection of arts and crafts. Friendly and helpful staff with reasonable prices on original and unique artworks. Well worth a visit at any time of the year.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great place for an original gift. Staff extremely helpful, everything from paintings, sculpture, glassware.

arty63, Manager at Artery Gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing our gallery. We do strive to provide excellent customer service, so I'm glad you found our staff helpful. Please do pop in again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I would defy anyone not to find something of interest in Artery. Perfectly located in South Street, between the main town centre and Jannetta's (another essential stopping place) it is always well stocked with all manner of artworks. Whether your interest is in ceramics, painting, glassware, jewelry, or whatever, there's always a compelling selection.
Though I've frequently visited in person, they also offer a friendly mail order service. Living at the opposite end of the country I've been pleased to take advantage of this - and get some quick peeks of their latest offerings by their Facebook page too!

arty63, Manager at Artery Gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to place such a lovely review of our gallery, it really does help us. I'm pleased to hear that you come in often and find it easy to keep up to date online when you're at home too. In the run up to Christmas we have more artists and art works than ever so keep an eye on our website and we'll hopefully see you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Jason gave me a break. How many times do we get a break, as adults? Not often. When we step, falteringly into a new place, become someone we weren't before, we come to it with little self confidence. At the age of 50 after bringing up five children and supporting my man in all his bonkers ventures, helping to bring each one to a good level of success, I had, to a degree, lost myself. When I forged a new path, going to art school as a very mature 'student' I came away with the intense desire to re-shape myself. I remember the day I arrived at the gallery, unsure, scared stiff plus paintings. Were they rubbish? Were they good? I pushed through the doors and said hallo I'm Judy. I'm an artist. Nothing about that felt comfortable. Jason said hallo. let me look. And he did. My whole self was on the line at that moment. He liked a few of them and took them. The leaving euphoria was like nothing I had ever known because he said yes to ME. We continued a lovely friendly welcoming and dynamic relationship for some years, until I decided to write the book of my life which now has taken off into realms I never anticipated. But.......the first guy to give me a break, to let me fly, was Jason and I will ever thank him in my heart. One day, as I am now painting again, I hope he might give me another. My book, Island Wife is worth a read (so they tell me) I wish the gallery all the success it can possibly get, because it is run by people whose hearts, minds, and eyes are truly open.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank wildjude
arty63, Manager at Artery Gifts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hi Judy,

Always lovely to hear from you and thank you for reviewing us! I'll get back to your via email and we can chat about these new paintings and catch up.

Alex x