All reviewsnice pubselection of beersrestaurant downstairsgood sizegreat central locationbreakfast was includedfamily roomroom was largethird floortown centrecomfortable stayvisit st andrewsgolf tripbed and breakfastyogurtjintyfloorboards
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

4 of us stayed BnB for 2 nights. The hotel has rooms for 4 which was perfect however.......
The place needs a refurbishment. It's tired. It smelt strange! As it's a pub I guess. Breakfast was very good. Position, perfect for golfers. Parking was spot on. But why I am giving it 3 stars only is due to customer service from the management. My vans battery was dead. I asked the duty manager the previous night for a "jump start" which is not too much to ask. She said it would be fine. Next morning when asked the manager knew nothing of the request, stated he didn't have a car, and was completely unwilling to help us and basically abandoned us. I think this is very poor and as someone who is in the service industry myself I would have gone the extra mile to get some more help for a stranded visitor. We had to wait and ask people passing by for help.
Simply not good enough customer service.
Spoiled a good stay.
We used their facilities, drank til late at night and were let down totally when we needed help. Shame.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank paulkwhitts
Reviewed 29 December 2017

I stayed here with my niece while she attended the open day at the university.

I found the hotel very noisy and I didn’t get a good nights sleep. It is above a pub so it’s not surprising that there’s noise but we had been out for dinner and come back late and there was still noise.

I wouldn’t stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mammatee43
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Great meal and service for a party of 14. All food was hot and nicely prepared. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We all had a great time and could find no fault with anything which is unusual when eating out in a large group. Plenty of choice and good price. We will book there again for a work night out.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Greyfriars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you for your review please do phone to book again anytime to is a pleasure

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

This was the third year in a row our group of friends stayed in Greyfriars as part of our annual weekend away in St Andrews. When you find a great hotel in the right location with great food, friendly staff and comfortable rooms why would you want to go elsewhere. Thanks for having us, part of the Young group.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for your great review and we hope to see you again next year
It was a pleasure Thank you again

Reviewed 28 November 2017

My husband and myself spent Saturday night at Greyfriars . I was not asked how our stay was before I left and there was nothing in the room for comments on our stay so I have decided to compose this review After emailing and not receiving a reply.
We arrived just after 5 on it was a cold evening and we were expected . We eventually got someone to book us in and we struggled to out room ,bags and suitcase in hand . The room was very cold , no heating on , we eventually managed to work it and after 20mins or so it was warm . one of the windows is ill fitting and was very draughty . The shower is very mouldy and dirty mould all over the sealant and shower enclosure it is really quite disgusting and really needs to be addressed and is not easy to access being behind the bathroom door . The toilet bowl needs to be bleached and the sink was grubby and had hair in it . It was a shame because although the room its self is a bit dated it was comfy as was the bed . There are also a few squeaky floorboards in the hall and it gave me a rather disturbed night with people going back and forwards . Breakfast was good but again the room was cold
This was out first time at your hotel and I was very disapointed.At the price we paid I would have expected something better .
Mrs Stark

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review please help us tell us when you are not happy we will try to help