“Recommend to anyone”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Brownlees Guest House
Ranked #24 of 73 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had the fortunate experience to stay with Trevor and Jacqueline recently for 4 days, could not have asked for or received better service. The accommodation was first class as was the way all guests were looked after. Both hosts would go above and beyond to make our stay more enjoyable, I would recommend the Brownlees to anyone, hopefully you will enjoy as much as I did. I will definitely book and stay there again when I return to St. Andrews.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Brownlees Guest House

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Trevor and Jacqui are very knowledgable golfers as well as terrific hosts.
We loved the helpful hints,wonderful breakfasts and great location. It also has free
parking,free WiFi! They also were very helpful with bookings,taxi service,etc.
All in all a far more enjoyable experience than a hotel! Thank you both!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently stayed in St. Andrews at Brownlees with 3 of my golfing buddies. This wonderful B/B was recommended to me by a good friend who has stayed there on many occasions. The location is great and an easy walking distance to the Old Course and the rest of St. Andrews. Trevor and Jackie were terrific hosts. The rooms and showers were great. Breakfast could not have been better. Trevor and Jackie suggested places to go and made all our dinner reservations for us. Many people elect to stay at hotels but staying at Brownlees made our visit to St. Andrews special. Thank you, Trevor and Jackie.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer but wanted to play golf at the home of golf st Andrews so we contacted Trevor & Jacqui and they were nothing but helpful, they assisted with information to book the golf and even arranged a buggy for me, and when we arrived on 1st april 2014 they welcomed us with open arms, warm smiles and rooms to match. The rooms were warm and well looked after with clean towels as required, even with my fussy needs they ensured that everything I needed was availiable if possible, they cooked breakfast fresh every morning and had a wide choice to meet everyones needs, they even assited me even more by making me bacon sandwiches fresh and wrapped to take to the golf course as my eating habits don't exactly match with the norm, and they were more than happy to accommodate me. The location is so close to the first tee at the old course you can almost hear them shout "FOUR" so it is perfect for anyone wishing to sample the delights of the home of golf.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone, golfers especially you will not regret staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights in early march 2014. A really lovely place - I am sometimes dubious about B&Bs having experienced some which were a bit too up close and personal with owners. Not here - a nice balance between having your own space and feeling very at home. The room was great and the wi-fi was much appreciated. The Breakfasts were great - plenty of choice and plenty of it too! The location was handy to the town centre whilst being a quiet tucked away corner with accessible parking. Would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

When travelling, our family had always stayed in hotels. However, I have always wanted to try out a B& B. I had heard friends talk about the friendly owners, the incredible food and the home away from home accommodations. This summer, I talked my husband into staying at a B&B for our stay in St. Andrew's. We chose Brownlee's based on some of the reviews we read and we are so pleased with our decision. Trevor and Jacqui were wonderful hosts. They made us feel right at home. When my daughter's glasses broke, Trevor directed us to an optician in town. He gave us recommendations for taking backroads into Edinburgh, advice for getting on the Old Course and when my husband left his wallet behind in the room, Trevor mailed it to us back home. Jacqui is a great cook and we all enjoyed our breakfasts very much, although, no one was willing to try the haggis.LOL The highlight for my kids...Pepsi. They were certainly missing their cat back home and Pepsi was kind enough to fill the void. The girls enjoyed sitting outside in the back garden with Pepsi snuggled up next to them. I would highly recommend that travellers try the B&B experience and if you plan a trip to St. Andrew's or even Ediburgh, stay at Brownlee's. I hope to go back there someday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I would recommend this B&B very highly - excellent location, warm and clean rooms with friendly, helpful owners. There was lots of choice of breakfast and ours was freshly cooked and delicious. The house is very central and there is a small car park outside. The owners couldn't have been more kind and helpful.

Room Tip: we used 2 rooms and both were excellent. There is no lift.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family