“A real gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Brownlees Guest House
Ranked #23 of 73 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is without question one to the best Bed and Breakfast establishments I've experienced. Everything was outstanding. Trevor and Jacqui could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Their attention to detail is amazing. I will definitely be making a return visit to the Brownlees Guest House.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shouseman

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at Brownlees this weekend, and could not fault the service, rooms or breakfast. From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome. Trevor arranged a restaurant booking for us, and also contacted the golf club and managed to organise a slightly earlier tee-time for us.
Good choice at breakfast, all served on time & plentiful. All in all as and when we return to St Andrews we will be rebooking at the Brownless Guest House

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed in St Andrews specifically to play the Old Course. We somewhat stumbled across Brownlees. Located a few hundred yards from the course, the accommodation was homely and comfortable. Trevor (the host) gave me the run down on how to ensure a guaranteed tee time the next time. It was great advice..getting up at 3:45 to queue for a few hours was tough, but well worth it. Waiting for me as I stumbled out the door, still half asleep, was a simple, but delicisious packed breakfast. Cheers Trevor

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had the recent experience of staying in St Andrews for a golfing vacation and found this delightful B&B. A small, centrally located hotel very close to the Old Course, Brownlees offers well kept and smartly appointed rooms. Best of all, you will be well looked after by Jacquie and Trevors, the proprietors of the hotel. And they can arrange tee times for you at the local golf courses. I highly recommend this property if you are staying in St Andrews.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had the fortunate experience to stay with Trevor and Jacqueline recently for 4 days, could not have asked for or received better service. The accommodation was first class as was the way all guests were looked after. Both hosts would go above and beyond to make our stay more enjoyable, I would recommend the Brownlees to anyone, hopefully you will enjoy as much as I did. I will definitely book and stay there again when I return to St. Andrews.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Trevor and Jacqui are very knowledgable golfers as well as terrific hosts.
We loved the helpful hints,wonderful breakfasts and great location. It also has free
parking,free WiFi! They also were very helpful with bookings,taxi service,etc.
All in all a far more enjoyable experience than a hotel! Thank you both!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I recently stayed in St. Andrews at Brownlees with 3 of my golfing buddies. This wonderful B/B was recommended to me by a good friend who has stayed there on many occasions. The location is great and an easy walking distance to the Old Course and the rest of St. Andrews. Trevor and Jackie were terrific hosts. The rooms and showers were great. Breakfast could not have been better. Trevor and Jackie suggested places to go and made all our dinner reservations for us. Many people elect to stay at hotels but staying at Brownlees made our visit to St. Andrews special. Thank you, Trevor and Jackie.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends