“Best burger in UK.”

Ranked #13 of 147 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our aim is to produce HONEST food to be enjoyed by many.We strive to produce an AWESOME burger,and only use the FINEST,FRESHEST produce we can find.Our burger mix is made to our specification using 100% BEEF from LOCAL farmers delivered DAILY for YOU. SHAKES,DOGS,WRAPS,SALADS and ICE CREAMS also available
Austin, Texas
“Best burger in UK.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I bumped into this small establishment just off Market St. Their signage touted their burger and after many travels to Europe, I thought I'd continue my quest to find a truly great hamburger "across the pond". I ordered mine exactly like I like it. No cheese, medium well, tomato, lettuce, onion, mustard. No weird additions, no weird sauces. At a cost of 3 quid and change, I did not expect greatness. But what I got was hamburger perfection. The bun was fresh and hot and lightly toasted (a bonus), the meat was hand formed from locally sourced beef - thick and juicy and had a wonderful grilled flavor. Importantly, the veggies were very fresh, and the mustard just right. I felt as though I was given a custom burger that someone cared about.

The burger was not huge, and would be even more perfect with the large wedged fries (chips) I noticed, but I was going for lite and the burger was perfect for a guilt free lunch. I'm in St. Andrews for four more days and plan to go back. I might even try the hot dog which is touted as being a house blend of beef and sausage (as I recall the ingredients). A great hot dog is hard to find, but I'm guessing this may be the place. Especially if you take the trouble to figure out how you like it and order it that way.

By the way, the people at the counter were very careful to get my order just right. So decide exactly how you want your order and this little shop will give you what you want and then some, based on my experience. All with a very pleasant attitude, to boot. Atmosphere and cleanliness was nice and tidy. Not fussy, but just what you'd want for a quick bite.

I also noticed a nice variety of shakes, etc. so I may skip breakfast and go back one afternoon for the whole thing. Burger, shake, fries. I'm betting I won't be disappointed. I feel as though someone might think I was the owner's mom or something. But I'm not. I'm just a guy from Texas who knows a good burger when he finds it.

• Visited August 2014
Storm H, TeamBlackHorn at BlackHorn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post. We are chuffed that a "guy from Texas who knows a good burger" has found it at BlackHorn. Hopefully you will skip breakfast - not that we recommend that - and try out our fries and shakes. You could even try out our soft serve to finish the meal,however,do try our Dog. This is not a cinema style job. A mixture of beef and pork,lightly smoked,we think you'll like it. If we don't see you,have a safe trip home. Cheers. TeamBlackHorn

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is simple, delicious and quick. They have a relatively basic menu which means everything they offer is really good to eat and well presented. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the decor is funky and colourful whilst also being uncluttered and clean.

This style of high quality fast food would do well in any town or city. They are slap bang in the town centre and you can be in and out in 10 mins or stay for a longer meal.

Highly recommend. Kids loved the burgers and we went back 6 times in two weeks!!!

Tom and Alice.

• Visited July 2014
Storm H, TeamBlackHorn at BlackHorn, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words and your business !! At BlackHorn we try our best to serve quality food, with a smile, in clean surroundings. It's great that the little guys enjoyed our food and we look forward to looking after you again. Cheers. TeamBlackHorn
Rochester, England, United Kingdom
“Back for a second day....must be good”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

So as I said above....I came back for lunch the next day!

So yesterday, I happened across BlackHorn and thought, yeah, I fancy a burger, is I popped in.

The menu looked good, lots of burgers, wraps, salads and hotdogs, but a burger was what I wanted so I asked for a recommendation from the helpful, friendly staff.....Grillburger came back as the suggestion.

A great recommendation it was too, a really delicious burger with bacon as it is s'posed to be in a burger (somehow the bacon is always a disappointment, don't you think) and the most amazing BlackHorn sauce which is hard to describe, but delicious. You MUST have the chunky fries too....they're fab and the shakes are great too!

So, here we are on day 2....chicken burger on the way! Very excited! Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2014
Storm H, TeamBlackHorn at BlackHorn, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for posting. It's great that you are back to try out the rest of the menu. The GrillBurger is one of our favourites . Our bacon is a dry cured,smoked streaky from our awesome butcher and is very tasty. Look forward to seeing you again. Cheers. TeamBlackHorn
Carluke
“Would not recommend.. sorry !”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We visited this place in June 2014. Very disappointing. I had a hot dog. No onions , no mustard and had to ask for salt , pepper and ketchup. If I hadnt looked in the bag it would have been a dire mistake when I opened it. My husband had the chicken on a bun and it was good. When we were standing at the counter the head cook tore the face of the young waiter and it made me feel uncomfortable and I should have challenged him We sat and waited on our food and I watched him having a go at the young lad all the time we were waiting. A bully in the workplace !!!Wont be back. Made me cringe.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank crailfreaks
Storm H, BlackHornTeam at BlackHorn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
This review has been referred to TripAdvisor
Old Saybrook, CT
“Great Find”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Tripadvisor doesn't show the location on it's map, but we found it between South Street and Market Street on Church St. We had some Classy Chick wraps which were very good. They also have items for vegetarians, so don't think they just have burgers.

Visited July 2014
Storm H, TeamBlackHorn at BlackHorn, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for posting. Where is our map ?? We will try and get this sorted. Thanks for bringing up our wraps. They have a cult following here in St Andrews. Try them out. You may find a new favourite. You also brought up vegetarians. We have plenty options for everyone. It's not just Burgers !! Anyway,we're delighted you found us and enjoyed your Classy Chick. Cheers. TeamBlackHorn