“Top notch food in a classy setting.”

Vine Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$28 - US$46
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and myself decided to visit this restaurant a couple of weeks ago I as was celebrating my birthday (won't say which one but I am unfortunately no longer a spring chicken!) and were treated to some superb food.
On entering the restaurant we were greeted by the owner, Ian I think his name is, and he is an extremely friendly person.
The menu is large with numerous choices and deciding what to eat was the hardest part of the evening as all the dishes listed looked delicious, eventually plumped for the mussels in a Thai broth followed by the Spanish ox cheek and to finish off the chocolate cup with seasonal fruits. We have eaten in many places around the world and this little restaurant is up there with the best off them, the food was absolutely to die for, I even had to ask for extra bread as I couldn't bare to leave any of the broth in the bowl. The restaurant was full on the evening we were there but the atmosphere was very pleasant and relaxed.
I have noticed other people complaining about the cost at this establishment and I am still trying to work out why? excellent food, reasonably priced wine and 3 courses for under 30 quid, I consider that a steal.
Having visited the Adamson the previous weekend which is good within itself I have to concede that the Vine Leaf wins hands down and it won't be long before we have another soiree back to this cracking little place in St Andrews.

2  Thank Johnsty

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Found this restaurant by chance and all I can say is wow! The staff were incredibly friendly and the menu was outstanding. Couldn't decide between seafood or game initially but settled on the trio of crab which was delicious. There was an extensive choice for all 3 courses and the only downside was having to pick one. The restaurant works on a set menu theme do there are no hidden costs or surprises although some might deem it a tad expensive. I'm definitely going back.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Amazing place to have dinner. It offers a huge range of choices and good value for money. The food was fab and they were so accommodating with my husbands allergies - he even managed to have a pudding which he doesn't often get when we dine out due to his dairy allergies!! Staff were friendly and very helpful. Will definitely be back!

2  Thank Hutchie234
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

4 of us in our party dined here on Sat 24th May. My wife and I have been here a few times before and I have to say this was the best yet. The choice of dishes to select from caters for all tastes with the seared beef starter and Ox cheek main being my own personal choice on the night which was simply stunning. Good portions too, you wont leave here hungry !! The service and attention from Ian and staff is first class and adds to what must be one of the most complete dining experiences you will find in St Andrews. Thanks again, see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Well we have just had our first visit to the Vine Leaf, which was booked by our daughter for or Silver Wedding Anniversay. Having lived in the area for the last 13 years this being our first visit but I have to say long over due and most definitely will not be the last. Both food and service excellent. Would highly recommend anyone to have a visit with out a doubt.
Must be one of St A hidden secrets !!