“Still in a state of shock!”
Review of Nahm-Jim Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Nahm-Jim Thai Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Still in a state of shock!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having visited this restaurant previously we knew what to expect i.e. good food with mediocre service. One of our party loves the sweetcorn fritters and I was assured they were as good as ever. Certainly the rest of the starters were good and the curry of a high standard. However, a visit to the toilet left me in a state of shock as I simply could not believe the state in which I found it. I really did believe the world had moved on and I am still struggling to accept that people with these hygiene standards are preparing food and worst still I ate some of it! I asked to speak to the Manager who had "gone home" so I asked to speak to the owner. After a while the waitress returned to report that "The owner has told me to tell you he is too busy preparing tomorrow's food to see you"!!!!!! I have attached a photo of the toilet seat. If you think that's acceptable book a table but you won't be seeing me there again!

• Visited July 2014
15 Thank Dino741

Central Scotland
“Fantastic Curry”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely place, our starters (sweetcorn frittters and fishcakes) were excellent. We had red beef curry and chicken green curry for mains, both absolutely fantastic and served with coconut rice. This is an excellent place, we keep going back as we have not found a better thai.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank pimmscass
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Haggis Thai style!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Have eaten here on each of our visits to St Andrews and always an enjoyable experience. Service can vary but good remains consistent. Worth a visit if you like Thai food

• Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Not as good as before.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant 4 years ago and found the food fantastic. Maybe our expectations were high but the thai dishes were a little "ordinary" - nothing special. If you're desperate for asian/thai food then it is adequate but no longer that "Special thai place in St. Andrews".

They couldn't process credit cards while we were there - maybe a symptom of financial difficulties?

Visited June 2014
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“worst customer service ever”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Nahm-Jim used to be my favourite restaurant in St Andrews, food there is really good.
Dinning in is most of the times a good experience, however the take away is not so good. And far worst is the way in which the manager deals with customer complaints.
My story: I ordered food on the phone and came home to find all I received was different from what I ordered. I called back to complaint and, must say, that who attended me on the phone was nice and offered a refund. However, when I went to the restaurant to pick up my refund the manager treated me disrespectfully and I had the feeling he was unhappy to give me the refund. He blamed the mistake on me, and gave me the money in a plastic bag saying next time I should make sure I order correctly. Not only did they ruin my dinner the day I order food from them, and even put me under risk of an upset stomach (as my food contained ingredients I don't eat), they also ruin my afternoon the day I went back in there.
I made a complaint on their e-mail, expecting them to at least acknowledge they had not provided a good service, but never received a reply.

• Visited May 2014