“A Very Nice Place for Dinner”
Review of The Grill House - CLOSED

The Grill House
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Grill, Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
St. Augustine, Florida
“A Very Nice Place for Dinner”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a very good meal at the Grill House restaurant. We were given a nice table in a quiet spot and met some very nice people from the Scottish Highlands. The meal and service was very good.

• Visited May 2014
LizzieMarr, Assistant Manager at The Grill House, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us, we always aim to provide good food and friendly, attentive service. I have passed your kind comments on to both the front of house team and the kitchen. We hope to welcome you back to the Grill House soon.

Menston, United Kingdom
“Good homely food”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A group of 8 golfers went here on our last night in St Andrews and had a very pleasant meal made even better by the attentive Aneta who was our waitress. Good honest food at reasonable prices.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for your review! Aneta was so pleased with her mention, she's a hard working and reliable member of the team and she's been rewarded for her hard work. 'Good honest food at reasonable prices' - I think you've summed the Grill House up perfectly! We hope to welcome you back soon.
Quito
“Good mexican food, excellent service”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The mexican food was very good (tomato soup and quesadillas), too spicy though. The service was great, two nice women asked a few times if everything was ok with our food :)
We had two courses for 6 pounds, a great offer. All the options in the menu sound delicious.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review! Our chefs work very hard preparing everything in house which enables us to keep our lunch and early evening menus priced at £5.95 and £9.95 respectively, they change regularly so there is always something new and exciting to try!
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Disappointing service”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I took my wife to the Grill House for lunch on Friday 20th June. We had booked a table and on arrival we said we had a booking but the young assistant did not take our names he just told us to take a seat anywhere. We were given menus and we were told the soup of the day was lentil. The waitress returned for our order. I ordered the soup and my wife asked for the seabass only to be told then that there was none. She had to re-order. When my soup came it was in fact tomato and basil and not lentil after all. I just took it and wished I hadn't because I found very spicy.

The remainder of the meal went without further problems thankfully.

I have given a poor rating because of the catalogue of very basic mistakes made by the staff. This restaurant would seem to need a stronger front of house presence. Our greeting was not good. The mistakes/omissions with the menu were unacceptable. We should have been told there was no seabass when the menus were issued. And getting the soup of the day wrong was just so amateurish!

This is a great pity because we like the House Restaurants in St Andrews - we will stick to the Doll's House or Glass House in future.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback whether it be positive or negative. It is reviews such as yours which helps us to improve. You have shown us that there are certain issues regarding staff training which we will look into and work upon. I agree that the mistakes made on the day of your visit were unacceptable, I can only apologise and hope that you give us another chance.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic value for money”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have eaten at the Grill House many times before and for many different occasions. The restaurant is perfect for both couples and families alike and the service too cannot be faulted. However, above all, the Grill House offers fantastic value for money, particularly the lunch and early evening menus. The food itself, notably the pork ribs in a hickory smoked BBQ sauce and the chilli basket, is mouthwatering and the burgers never disappoint. All in all, the Grill House offers tasty food at an extremely reasonable price and in a very warm and welcoming environment. It therefore goes without saying that I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant.

Emma H, Manager at The Grill House, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hi, thank you for such a fantastic review!
We pride ourselves on our appeal to all kinds of diners (young families, couples, hen nights and students alike), whilst providing excellent service and value for money at the same time. Our team of chefs work long and hard every day to provide great quality food made from scratch every day with only the freshest ingredients. I will pass on your great comments to the chefs whom I'm sure will be delighted!
Emma