“Usual early evening mid-week dinner after work”
Review of Living Room - Glasgow - CLOSED

Living Room - Glasgow
Price range: US$10 - US$39
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Transit: Glasgow Central
Description: The Living Room is something of a magnet for Glasgow's young professionals. Bang in the middle of the city's business district, its relaxed vibe, good food and friendly service are a hit with office workers during the day and party people by night. In the atmospheric AA rosette-awarded restaurant you can dine on a range of affordable hit dishes such as the crispy duck spring rolls, sea bass fillet a Spanish sausage stew and some of the best steaks in Glasgow. Drinks are as much of an attraction as the food - our extensive cocktail list is updated frequently but if there's something in particular you fancy just ask our bartenders for your favourites!
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Usual early evening mid-week dinner after work”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This started off full of promise. The menu had some interesting dishes, and is very extensive, possibly just a bit too extensive as it transpired there were several items the kitchen had run out of.

In place of a starter I decided to have the bread and olive oil / balsamic. This was delightful, fresh warmed bread and olive oil. However, my main was Greshingham Chicken Breast which sounded good on the menu, but was a bit uninspiring. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but neither was there anything special about it. Then came desert, and I went for the Cherry Bakewell Parfait. This was a bit of a surprise when it came, not quite what I was expecting. That said apart from the centre of it being just a bit frozen, it was actually a bit different and very enjoyable.

I was swithering whether to rate this a 3 or a 4? The thing which swayed me towards a 3 is that the restarunt was very quiet when we were there, so if anything the food coming out the kitchen should have been spot on and it didn't quite make it.

Visited June 2014
Louise F, Guest Relations Manager at Living Room - Glasgow, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi there,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I do apologise for your visit with us not being top notch and will pass on your feedback to our kitchen team.

We hope to see you again in The Living Room, please let us know when you're next in and we can arrange for a drink on us to thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good place for drinks on a Saturday night.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have visted The Living Room a couple of times in the last month or so with my girlfriend for drinks on a Saturday night. I find the tables at the window too cramped, so we have enjoying sitting at the bar chatting while the piano plays. As it's not in the city's main bar area, it is busy without being overcrowded and annoing.

The staff have always been attentive, and the drink selection very good. Gutted they do longer serve Birra Moretti however!

• Visited May 2014
Louise F, Guest Relations Manager at Living Room - Glasgow, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's great to hear that you've been in a few times recently, if you're not a fan of Peroni (which we have replaced the Moretti with) then you should try some of our more unusual bottled beers on your next visit!

Hope to see you again soon,

Best regards
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Food is awful and manager’s attitude is the same”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had business lunch on 9th May with very senior people in the organisation and found food that was served to me to be absolute disgrace.
I ordered Aubergine and Tomato Bake. Bake was served in the oval dish. Aubergine was sliced side ways and skin was left on it. Lunch knife could not cut through the skin of the aubergine which made it impossible to eat. Vegetable itself was considerably under cooked. After prolonged struggle I had to put the bake onto the plate from the oval dish and get a steak knife to actually start eating it. There were not many people dining however it was impossible to stop the waiter to ask for steak knife any quicker than 10 min. By then bake was cold and unpleasant. I could not concentrate on the topic we came to discuss being put off by the food on my plate.Disgrace to be serving this dish that costs £8 without considering ways of eating it. I wrote a complaint and all manager could say was: “Due to its design the Aubergine bake is the only dish on our menu that we have no control to amend or alter within our restaurant. I will pass your comments onto our design and development team as they are always happy to receive customer feedback to help improve our menu and dining experience”. How very comforting!
I will avoid this venue for any lunches particularly business ones in the future and I would recommend you too.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cocktails”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Went in here for a few cocktails on Sunday and loved it. It is beautiful to look at inside and the staff were lovely. It was a Sunday afternoon so was quiet, but I have been in on Friday nights for drinks and food when it was busier and still great experience.

Hi there,

Thank you very much to take the time to write your review. It's great to hear about your good experience and hopefully you'll be back in soon!

Best regards,
Mauchline
“Mediocre Food and Very slow service”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Lovely decor, very modern. Menu is nice but food is average in taste. Service is very slow (waited 20 minutes to be asked if I would like a drink). We were in a group of 9. Prices were not bad for city centre. Won't be rushing back. There is a good atmosphere however and I have it on good authority that the cocktails were very good!

• Visited April 2014