“Excellent lunch at Guy's”

Guy's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #79 of 2,447 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch at Guy's”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have been planning to have a trip to Guy's for some time but this was my first ever visit. My girlfriend and I both had ravioli for our starters which was really excellent.

My girlfriend had roast lamb for main course which was pink and succulent. I had one of the daily specials which was venison meatballs with rice which was also very good.

We visited on Saturday lunchtime and the atmosphere was good. As the restaurant was busy my only minor grumble was it took some time to get the attention of a member of staff to get and then pay our bill but overall the service was fine.

The meal was great value for the quality and standard of food.

2 Thank muirmc

Gateshead, United Kingdom
“SUPERB”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We booked Guys for dinner while in Glasgow for a couple of nights. It was highly recommended to us by friends who live in the area, It was very clean and stylish with a very good atmosphere. The place has a good buzz about it. The service was great, the staff were helpful, cheerful and informative and the owner was very friendly. The food was superb. I would love to return there when I am next visiting Glasgow.

3 Thank Jan2111
The North Pole
“Lives up to the hype ! ”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Ive visited Guys twice this month, for dinner and lunch. Both were great meals, with very good service. As soon as you walk through the door, you just know you are going to have a good time. Cosy, cheery, stylish and comfy , I didnt want to leave. Cannot wait to return !

2 Thank MrsChristmas68
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Could not have asked for any better on our big day!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My partner and I booked with Guy's for our big day and we really could not have picked a better restaurant! The food, the wine, the service, the atmosphere - just everything was perfect! We could not recommend this restaurant any higher to all.

From the very beginning, dealing with Jackie, Lydia and Guy was very straight forward, easy and a real delight. The whole team could not have done a better job if they tried and were extremely accommodating from start to finish. They worked very hard with us to make sure we got the perfect menu and welcomed us on each visit, whether attending to eat, finalise arrangements, taste the wine or hand in flowers etc. We have been extremely impressed and delighted with the service provided. We will definitely book Guy's again for any special gatherings we have in the future and would recommend to anyone looking for an intimate, special and unique venue to hold a gathering, wedding meal or get together!

The food - exquisite! Every one of our guests (all 35) commented on how exquisite the food was, how beautifully presented it was and just how delicious it was. I do not know how they managed to prepare all meals at the same time and still end up exceeding our expectations, even though we had attended for a meal several times previously. Just perfect!

The atmosphere - each time we have attended we have loved it. Our wedding day was slightly different with all our own guests of course (even more special) but the staff could not have done more to make our visit comfortable and enjoyable. Again, could not fault them. If hiring for a private function, please please look into booking David the pianist and the violinist - a perfect addition to the atmosphere and wonderful musicians!

We cannot fault Guy's and will definitely be back. From the food, the decoration, atmosphere to the wine, the food and all the team that assisted us - truly magnificent! THE best restaurant in Glasgow (in our opinion).

4 Thank Rennie82
Kent
“Great place”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Lovely food, nice decor, full of photo's of Scots entertainers with the owner, Guy, who wanders around chatting with guests. Also some interesting artworks for sale on view, again Scots themed. We plumped for the Sunday 3 course menu, which had a varied selection. I chose the Chicken Bhuna and was very surprised by its authenticity and spice!
This was the last meal of a special treat weekend and it certainly didn't disappoint.

3 Thank des_scot