“Great location, friendly staff”
Review of Adelaides

Adelaides
Ranked #10 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My travel companion and I enjoyed the spacious room and bathroom. The staff was welcoming and helpful, Ted should do stand up comedy! The house was close to shops and eating and to city for sights. The breakfast is not stellar,so you may want to supplement but there are plenty of places to do that nearby. Definitely worth the visit, we would go back!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Adelaides

Reviewed 5 November 2013

By the time I leave I would have been here a week. It is an excellent place to stay. Very close to the town centre however it is very quiet. The staff are wonderful and always pleased to help you. Breakfast is freshly cooked and nothing is too much trouble. I will certain return if I can.

Room Tip: I stayed in an ensuite room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A short overnight stop was all I needed, and after a lot of searching online I came across Adelaides, and I'm glad I did. Located two minutes literally from King Tuts where I was to see the mighty Francis Dunnery in concert. Friendly staff, comfortable room, clean, safe. When I return to Glasgow again, whenever that may be, I'll be checking availability at Adelaides before I would even consider looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful! Beds extremely comfy. Location great for walking to attractions or bus/train. We walked everywhere, and staff was very accommodating when we needed a taxi, or directions, or even recommendations for dining. Budget so no frills, but safe, homey, and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J01938
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have lost count of how many years I have returned to the warmth of this humble B&B. If you are a first- timer, or repeat visitor to Glasgow, and have yet to stay at Adelaides, I would encourage you to give them a try. You may find swankier digs in the west end, but there is a beauty of simplicity about the place, and in travels world wide, I have never encountered a friendlier staff. Ted is an invaluable source of help and information, and should probably be given the key to the city as one of it's kindest ambassadors.

Room Tip: Ask Ted...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My daughter and I visited Glasgow, Scotland in October 2013 and had booked 2 nights at Adelaides based on Tripadvisor reviews. What a nice little gem! My daughter had spoken with Ted at Adelaides about the booking and it was like dealing with an old friend. After taking a bus from Cardiff to Glasgow, we were within walking distance of Adelaides and Ted had provided excellent directions. We arrived before noon and were very pleasantly surprised to find our room ready for us. This is not a traditional hotel but rather a large church which has a guest house area with a small number of rooms on several levels, a day care nursery area in the lower level, rehearsal facilities and even choirs practicing in the evening which sounded lovely. We stayed in Room 6 which had 1 double and 2 twin size beds. The room was very comfortable and had everything we needed including lovely shortbread cookies to go with the tea and coffee provided. There is a breakfast area on the lower level where Gerry will cook a full breakfast at an additional charge or there is cheese, yogurt, fruit, toast, tea and coffee included. He was able to accommodate my daughter's special dietary needs which is always a plus. Adelaides is located on Bath Street which has a number of public bus routes and is also within easy walking distance of a pedestrian mall area with lots of shops and restaurants. The hop-on/hop-off tour bus was a very short walk and the ticket is valid for 2 days.
If you demand luxury accommodations when you travel then this would probably not be for you. We were looking for something comfortable, clean, convenient and homey and that's just what we got. If I were to find myself in Glasgow again I would definitely return to Adelaides.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Adelaides is a decent place to stay in Glasgow. It is two blocks off of Sauchiehall Street so there are lots of eating and shopping places nearby. The room I had was fairly large with two beds, TV, coffee maker, etc. It had good lighting both artificial and natural. The room backed up on, and had a view of, the back area of the buildings -- not very scenic -- but I was in a city environment, what did I expect?

The rate was reasonable but Adelaides is not a bed and breakfast, breakfast was an extra charge so I ate elsewhere. That is OK -- it got me out and moving around in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo