“What we need more of in Scotland - excellent: look beyond the customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seaforce

Seaforce
Ranked #20 of 77 Tours in Glasgow
edinburgh
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

The sort of alternative entertainment that really helps make visits anywhere excellent. Time on the river or sea is always loved...and Glasgow has this on its doorstep. The Clyde is fascinating - and further down, past the Erskine Bridge, the scenery is fabulous. We had the boat to a party of 7...and the water was like a mirror. Combined with the weather - stunning sunshine - this was a great way to spend the best part of a day. Trip to Kilcreggan - lunch at Kilcreggan Hotel - was brilliant.
The pre/booking wasn't the best. Unreturned phone calls - emails not received or returned. Not providing a huge degree of comfort. The telephone conversations also not the friendliest...a bit offhand. However - these guys are great value and a great product.
To add the cherry on top we even had glimpses of dolphins!
Now we had perfect weather...but I think I'd like to do this again when there's a wee bit of more interesting weather....it was so calm - I'd have liked a few small waves to bouce through. Need to go back!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank eddi10c

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Top Marks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

With the recent heatwave in June that we have had, I decided a trip 'doon the watter' was in order...

Had a great time as always, top marks to Gregor and the team again.

2 Thank rumblebee
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An enjoyable experience up the Clyde but poorly administrated.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I would have marked this quite highly had it not been for the way in which the event organiser went about his business. He has no empathy for customer care at all.

We arrived at the agreed time, that is agreed until he sent a message the evening before changing the time by 30mins. So we were all there early and we met the "boss" about 15mins later who told us there was no hurry and we'd meet at the tall ship in half an hour or so.

The receptionist told us to meet at the cafe on the tall ship so we waited there for 30mins after the time he had just told us! Then I went back to the reception. She phoned the boss who turned up and accused us of being late because we were apparently supposed to meet on the deck! Clearly a communication problem here because when I explained that we were told to meet in the cafe he accused the receptionist of being "a bit dumb". When I asked the receptionist where he was she told me he was "always late"!

This aside, Gerry, the boat skipper was great. He was very accommodating and made the trip interesting, enjoyable and safe. All the equipment was in good order. It was fantastic seeing the Clyde side from that perspective. Thanks Gerry! No thanks boss guy!

8 Thank munrorunner
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very badly organised”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

The man in charge is disorganised. He ran very late and after waiting where we were advised, and watching him pull the boat up, he tried to tell us he had been waiting for ages!

The lady at reception informed us he was always like this.

Fortunately the guy piloting our boat made up for it by being informative and polite.

Overall I would not book this again or recommend it to anyone else. I find it disappointing that tourists to Glasgow may be met with the same poor service and attitude that we did.

9 Thank simonmillage
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Freezing, Fabulous Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

I was looking for a fun activity to do with my 14 year old nephew this weekend and came across a link for Seaforce via the net (visit Scotland website I think). Result!! Everything was a breeze - I called Greg in advance and emailed our details. He emailed with confirmation, cost, how to pay, parking and advice on clothing and what to bring incase of poor weather.
On the day - all clicked into place and Greg, Gerry and John looked after the 3 groups booked today. The guys were great - fitted out safety vests, explained how they worked and made sure we were comfortable and at ease throughout the trip.
Dumbarton isn't the most glamourous destination but great for a lunch stop - we'd def recommend the Indian restaurant very close to the harbour called One Up - great food at bargain prices. Next time we'd like to do the Kilcreggan trip.
Anyone looking to do this trip should go for it - just follow the advice about clothing and wrap up warm. Seeing Glasgow and the West was a completely different experience viewed from the Clyde and gave some great photo opportunities. Negatives - can't think of any. My nephew loved it and now I'm the coolest aunt in town. Can't be bad. Thanks lads.

Visited March 2013