“Attention to detail!”

Glasgow Guest House
Ranked #1 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
“Attention to detail!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst on a training course. The lovely owner John put me in the flat which was very clean, extremely comfortable and suited my needs exactly whilst I was away from home (fridge for basics, microwave and hob) The location was fantastic, just a short walk to the train station and a quick train journey to the city centre. The owner was very attentive and the breakfast was amazing! All the other reviews on here are testament to the wonderful service provided by John and staff. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Anniegal1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chepstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed there on our cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats. The location was ideal for us although it may not suit everyone as it was close to the motorway and main road and some flats, but is quiet enough.
The bikes were secured away in the garage. We were given use of the family room which was very spacious and had its own kitchen area, so we made use of this by ordering a Chinese Takeaway rather than having to go out again. The room was nice and clean and the shower room/toilet was modern and clean.
The breakfast room was very nice and the breaskfast was nice too.
In summary, a great place to stay for cyclists and great value for money. Recommended.

Room Tip: We had the family room with kitchen, double bed and two additional single beds. Nice bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah J
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is a beautifully located and elegant town house - we were close to the art houses and park and also the trina to center city - John works 24/7 to insure the comfort and needs of all guests - We enjoyed every moment of 4 days there.....fresh and healthy breakfast choices and lots of info for you as you visit the city - Again, Compliments and high praise to John and his team for such terrific "looking after"!!!!!!! Carol and Joe

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ckljpl
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Glasgow Guest House is an amazing place to stay! Great hospitality and very welcoming!! John created a really friendly atmosphere and was always very helpful. Everything was very clean and the rooms were excellent! The breakfasts were delicious!
The guest house also has a cosy lounge and a guest kitchen.
The train station is nearby and it only takes you about 6 minutes to get into the centre from there. The guest house is situated only a few minutes from Pollok Country Park with the Burell Collection and Pollok House and Bellahouston Park, with the House for an Art Lover.
I stayed there for six weeks, whilst I was doing an internship in Glasgow and really had a wonderful time!! I would always come back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Susanne_M_F
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I found this particular guest house to be one of the best I've ever stayed in! I work away from home a lot and like to use guest houses rather than hotels/motels. I worked night shift on this particular visit to Glasgow and the owner assured me that I wouldn't be disturbed while sleeping in the daytime. He was right. The place was spotless and the breakfasts were just Devine.
I would most definitely recommend the Glasgow guest house to anybody who is planning a trip to Glasgow.
I am probably one of the fussiest people around to please and I have stayed in many, many guest houses over the last 20 years, I am just saddened that I have no more trips to Glasgow in the near future because this place is my number 1 choice of places to visit. If you are a landlord of a guest house and reading this review, then take a leaf out of the owners book of this guest house!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Niked38
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2012

John is an amazing host and very accomodating. He's informative, friendly and works hard to make your stay relaxing and worry-free. It's family friendly, clean and comfortable. It's close to a park, swimming pool and transportation. We stayed there last August and it's where we will go everytime we visit Glasgow! Thank you for all your help and hospitality John!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We had a great time with the best fruit selection for breakfast of any of the B&Bs we stayed in while in the UK for 3 weeks. Had a little trouble finding the place but once there John was very accommodation. My new iPad had some trouble picking up the wifi signal but it all worked fine. I think we were the oldest ones there. We got the handicapped suite. Great time. Just wonder what it would be like with a little sunshine in Glasgow. John - you should have control over this.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple