“An enjoyable family dinner”
Review of Il Pavone Sud - CLOSED

Il Pavone Sud
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable family dinner”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Visited on a Saturday evening. The place was busy but service didn't suffer. House red quite decent. Chicken stroganoff very tasty with a good quantity of meat. Total bill was lower than I'd expected. All in all a most enjoyable experience.

• Visited February 2014

Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
“Lack of wow!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

After a busy day we decided to visit this unit for the first time in about four years even though we live locally. Only a few tables occupied so we were invited to sit where we wanted.Menus arrived quickly and drinks order taken. Minestrone starter was tasty but courgette fritters were a bit greasy. Both had lasagne for mains and it was ok but a bit heavy on cheese, Soft drinks overpriced at £2.20 each for a small glass but coffee was good, Needs to up its game if we are to return

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank lakes99
Scotland
“attitude”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Visited on 7th dec for lunch. No butter on the sandwhich we ordered. Informed by up front waiter that they do not put butter on their sandwhiches as 95% of customers prefer without.
Also informed by attitude waiter that if we return to ask for butter and he would personally see that the chef himself buttered it.
Also told that when he visits a supermarket or a garage the sandwhiches are rarely buttered. We informed him we were in a restaurant. Bad attitude and manner. Zero points for charm.

• Visited December 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“So nice to go back to a restaurant and find it just as good.”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

How often have you gone to a restaurant, found it almost faultless and then returned to find it has become a disaster, or worse still recommended it to someone else, only to be told it was ghastly. This restaurant has gone up and down a bit over the years, but on both this and the last occasion we visited it has been consistently good.

The staff were attentive, though concerned about the large quantity of food we ordered.My wife was worried that the waiter thought we were greedy, though I assumed they just did not want us to waste our money. Either way they need not have worried as we cleared all of it.

The house wine was pleasant, and the focaccia we ordered as a pre-starter were just beautiful. The plain one was crisp, thin and flavoursome, but the mozzarella, tomato and basil ,was as good as any pizza.

Our actual starters which arrived hot and appropriately timed, were excellent, as were the main courses, the veal escalopes deserve a special mention. They were prefect, as good as the ones I make myself.

The desert choice was very adequate, again a special mention goes to the off menu fresh fruit salad which was made fresh for me.

If I look for anything to criticise, and it was difficult to find anything, the menus themselves were in poor condition, but when I pointed this out, I was told they were quite new, but had arrived faulty, and that they were awaiting new style menus to replace them.

£113 for 4 included a bottle of wine and soft drinks. This was one of the few times recently that I felt I had received good value for money.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank CityVisitor186534
Newton Mearns, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely Tea”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The food is very nice and the mint tea is good quality and I am difficult to please in that regard as I have tried fresh mint tea from a farm in Saudi Arabia, which was second to none. The staff are friendly, I have been before and find the staff to be efficient. Will be back.

Visited May 2013