“Wonderful evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband, myself and friends dined here to celebrate his 60th birthday. Some of the friends had never been to the restaurant and were full of praise. The food and service was superb. Two good healthy eaters said that the starter sizes were large (but that didn't stop them devouring them). It is a credit to the chef that everyone cleared their plates! Gianni's sense of humour was appreciated and added to the atmosphere.
I also would like to mention the care and attention given to my requests. I asked for a limited menu without prices and this was not a problem. I explained also that I wanted balloons but as I don't drive these were supplied to me at cost.
I had approached other restaurants to discuss a small gathering and they were uninterested and gave me a menu and didn't offer to discuss my wishes. At Il Pavone Sud I felt that my custom was valued. We would not hesitate having a special evening again and will visit again.

1  Thank marionweir

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is the second time I have visited this restaurant, however it has been many years since my first visit. First impressions are of a slightly tired looking interior that could probably do with a little tidying-up. The location (essentially within the Avenue shopping centre) does not lend anything to the feel of the place and it is certainly not in any way a romantic venue. However, what it lacks in appearance and location it more than makes up for with substance; the staff were all very friendly and the food was by far the best I have had from an Italian restaurant in some time. Flavours were great, presentation equally good and portion sizes were substantial (even for someone with my appetite). I would have been happy to pay a lot more for this meal and not feel at all cheated, prices are excellent and I highly recommend this restaurant for a meal with family or friends.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Just had the best pasta dish in a long time-Tagliatelle Toscana. Highly recommend! Wonderful pistachio ice cream. Fabulous service from Gianni rounded off the evening. Have already booked my next visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I went to this restaurant to have dinner with my girlfriend.
In first place, the food was great. I had a fantastic Pizza Verona and my girlfriend had Penne Contadina. The pizza was perfectly cooked, the pasta was "al dente" and all the ingredients were fresh and tasty.

We were also impressed by the desserts. They have all sorts of sweets to choose from! And some of them, like the Copa Amarena or Torta della Nonna, are true italian desserts that you can't find everywhere, and the presentation was great. The coffees at the end were just perfect.

Also, the service was surprisingly good. The staff really tries their best to make you feel comfortable and to make sure that you have a pleasant time in the restaurant. We were really happy about this, they knew what we needed before we had to ask. Amazing!

Finally, the bill. Way less than what I expected, taking into account the quality of the food and the service, and the area in which it's located, it is indeed great value for money.

Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recently visited this restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. We had lunch from the set menus and the 2 courses I chose were very good. Good size portions, which is not usually the case when you order from a specials menu. food was well presented, well cooked and great value for money. Service was great, young gentleman who served us was very friendly, attentive and showed no lack of interest or desire to make our time there pleasant. Did not know of this restaurant but as we were shopping at the centre we thought we would give it a try and we will definitely go back again. Price of the pint of lager was the only complaint. I know its normal for restaurants to charge more for drinks but at £4.85 a pint was a bit steep.