“Good Food But Very Poor Cocktails”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bank

The Bank
Ranked #824 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good Food But Very Poor Cocktails”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner and drinks with friends, seated quickly and order taken in good time.

Food arrived quickly and was great value for money!

After dinner we decided to have cocktails which once ordered actually did take 35 minutes for 5 cocktails to be made and brought to the table, the quality of the cocktails was very very poor so much so that one of the group asked for the ingredients to remake two of them at the bar himself.

Would eat here again and would have been a shining review except for the cocktail issue.

The B, Manager at The Bank, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi There

Firstly thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, We appreciate all feedback as it enables us to improve our offering to our value guests.
I am glad that you enjoyed your meals and thought that it was good value for money. We have worked hard to provide this new menu and it is great to hear that we got it right.
I am disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your cocktails, this is a most unusual complaint for us. I believe your companion requested more Tobasco & Worcestershire Sauce for 2 Bloody Marys, while I would love to claim that we get it spot on 100% of the time it appears on this occasion we fell short of the mark. Furthermore I agree that 35 minutes is far too long to wait for your drinks and I can only apologise. On the back of your feedback we will be undertaking re-training of our team to ensure this isn't the case again.

Again, thank you very much for providing your feedback. I hope I can welcome you back in the near future (perhaps a wee cocktail on us?)

Kind Regards

newry ireland
“Very nice place to visit”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Called in for something to eat and drink enroute to Edinburgh. Food and service first class - enjoyed the craic with Cheryl who is excellent as a host. Will definitely call again.

• Visited July 2014
The B, General Manager at The Bank, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Cheryl Francis
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice meal and speedy accomodating service”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Booked in advance as they have a deal where you can get 20% off your food bill with NHS card if you book in advance. The staff were accommodating as we had extra people turn up and had the feeling nothing was too much trouble.
Food was really good but felt the main was a little small.
All in all though a good venue and will return and recommend.

• Visited July 2014
The B, Manager at The Bank, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hi There

Thanks for rating us on trip advisor. I'm glad to hear you are taking advantage of our NHS staff offer. I'll pass your feedback onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back in the near future.

Many Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a beautiful restaurant. We had the 3 course meal. Our first night in Scotland and we were impressed. The waiter was wonderful. We were late getting there but they kept the kitchen open for us. The pub next door is out of this world.

• Visited September 2013
The B, Manager at The Bank, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi There
Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We're delighted you enjoyed your visit to The Bank. Be sure to come visit us again the next time you're in Scotland.
Kind Regards
“Awesome”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

So I might be a bit biased as this pub come bistro is actually less than 20ft from my front door. but is a lovely place for a drink or a bite. Just not on footbal nights obviously. Get the chicken caesar it's the best!

• Visited June 2014
The B, Manager at The Bank, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi There
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm delighted that you enjoy coming to The Bank. I hope very much to see you again soon.
Thanks again