“Good night”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: This fantastic Mediterranean themed bar and club situated in the trendy Merchant City of Glasgow, boasts one of the best restaurants in the heart of the City Centre. Arta is now also home to the stylish late night space, Canvas which will play host to several live artists every week. Step into the sumptuous surroundings and be transported into the rich and vibrant surroundings of a Spanish Hacienda. Housed over three floors and seven rooms.
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Arranged a hen party for here. Events staff were great and really helpful. Booked a cocktail masterclass and dinner so everyone had a good time. Food tasted nice and everything was well organised. Cocktail masterclass was especially good value for money.

Negative was the volume of the music. It is way too loud and echoes around the place. Makes it difficult to have a convo. We couldn't even hear the barman speaking during the masterclass. Came back again following week and sadly the music is just as loud and awful - kind of counteracts the social aspect of getting together. As a result everyone has to shout and screech. Turn it down a bit guys!

Orher than that a good night well enjoyed.

Arta M, General Manager at Arta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time in Arta and would like to thank you for posting your review. The continued feedback we receive from our guests greatly aids the development of this special venue. Please be assured that your comments with regard to the volume of the music have been heard and addressed. I hope you will visit us again and be able to enjoy the evening without any shouting and screeching.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Forgot how lovely Arta was!! Booked through 5pm.com great value 6 tapas, bread & olives plus a bottle of wine (red, white or rose) for £27. Great service from start to finish. Faultless food. Loved everything about Arta had a fantastic Friday evening.......thanks Arta!

1  Thank bella10262

Dear Bella,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is great to hear that our 5pm.com deals are being so well received. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to the both the kitchen and front of house staff.

Thank you again, and i look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We only visited the bar for drinks before moving on to Guy's restaurant for dinner. The first thing I noticed was the music - they play classical music at an intolerable volume on a sound system which is third rate. So when the music reaches a crescendo your ear drums suffer and you can't have a conversation without damaging your vocal chords. Everyone in the room is shouting to be heard above the music. Arta needs to get itself a better sound system - there's nothing wrong with the music - just how it's played. Next thing you notice is how cold it is. OK, it was a normal rainy summer's evening in Glasgow, but the place was freezing. Add this to the noise of the music with people having to shout to be heard and you won't feel as though you're going to have a relaxing time. On a visit to the loos a man was so drunk that he was urinating all over the floor because he couldn't stand still long enough to reach the urinal. Arta might be trying to imitate Abaco in Palma de Mallorca, but apart from the decor and architecture they are worlds apart. I would give the place a miss if I were you unless hen nights are your thing.

1  Thank gordonio

Dear Gordonio,

I am very sorry to hear that your experience of Arta was to the high standard our staff strive to deliver. I would like to assure you that your experience with the gentleman in the WC’s is not something we would expect in Arta as it is not our policy to admit entry to, or continue to serve alcohol to inebriated guests. Further, we follow a strict WC checklist which is filled out every hour and take pride in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in our venue.

Your comments with regard to the volume of our music in the main bar have not been missed and we are now playing at a reduced volume.

I am afraid that the weather, even in summer, can be somewhat unpredictable which can make it difficult to get the heating just right for all our guests over the course of a busy day. I would like to think that our staff are openly approachable and should someone feel uncomfortable in the venue they would bring it to the attention of a member of staff.

I would hope that you would be willing to visit Arta again and provide us with an opportunity to deliver a service that would have you leaving our venue with a more positive experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Went here to celebrate a retiral but there was a big age range from early 20s to 60s. Firstly the table was set for the wrong number - no notice had been taken of a change phoned in earlier in the week. Then the champagne for the toast before the meal had not been chilled despite this having been pre-arranged. The menu for 3 courses was £19.95 which appeared to be good value but the portions were meagre (that's a complementary name for them!). We had a "private " room but the waiters were in and out to get the tablecovers and napkins which were stored there and the door was always open (this allowed us to be served but also meant that we were dominated by the loud music from the restaurant, not ideal). The service to refill wine glasses was excellent but the service for food was SLOW. It's not subtle to keep topping up glasses when there is no food to go with it, we are not daft we know this is to boost the number of wine bottles you are expected to buy. After the meal we ordered tea/coffee (not included in the menu) these were served 2 cups at a time and the one jug of milk was to be passed around the whole table. I was finished my black coffee long before my neighbour got her latte. Will I be back? No, I don't think so. Why? Well apart from the food as detailed above, the seats were uncomfortable (all the seats were different, mine was very hard and another was lumpy) and overall I felt that I was there to be separated from as much of my money as possible. The decor is spanishy in feel but very, very dark. It might be an age thing but I don't like feeling hungry after I've been out for a meal.

1  Thank chillerGlasgow
Arta M, Manager at Arta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hello

I wanted to drop you an email to update you where Arta is today! We have spent a long time listening and learning about our customers, what they want and how we can improve. From your email you can appreciate - we have a wide spectrum of ages to accommodate and a very specific ambiance to adhere to. This is what makes Arta unique - so it is very much about keeping the ambiance while pleasing all guests.

Our Set Menu is now changed regularly, offers healthy filling portions and adapted according to customer feedback.

We have set a lot of our older furniture away to be re upholstered and adapted to be more comfortable - while keeping the decor of the venue authentic.

The lighting is very much a part of Arta - we enjoy the low lighting enhanced by over 300 candles throughout the venue, we are however now putting on more candles to boost the ambience.

I would be delighted to see you back and hear your feedback - after all customer service is key for us.

Kindest regards,
Heather Offord
Sales Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Much more than a great restaurant, we were delighted to find this venue through 5pm. We weren't aware it existed prior to that. 6 tapas, bread and olives and a bottle of wine for £27 in great surroundings, fantastic value! The main restaurant is upstairs but the bar area downstairs is so great we sat and had another bottle of wine there before leaving! Louise deserves a special mention for excellent service! Many thanks! We will definitely be back the next time we're having a night out in Glasgow.

1  Thank RosTraynor

Dear Ros,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. It is very pleasing to hear that visitors from outside Glasgow rate our venue so highly. Likewise, I am sure Louise will greatly appreciate her special mention.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Glasgow.

Anna Felczynska

Been to Arta? Share your experiences!