“Excellent spot for Saturday lunch!”
Review of Il Pavone

Il Pavone
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Pavone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #539 of 2,543 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Il Pavone Restaurant serve authentic Italian dishes made the traditional way
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Have been to Il Pavone many times over the years - when we lived outside Glasgow, and every time we go back to visit - and have never once been let down or disappointed!
I was surprised to read a few negative reviews before submitting this, as they most certainly don't reflect any of our experiences! Certainly not that experienced last Saturday!
It's a great spot for lunch, or dinner, in the very popular Prince's Square, which has a wide selection of dining options, and they offer a great selection of dishes.
I had penne pasta to start and my wife had breaded & fried mozzarella - both more than reasonable portions!
We both had risotto - chicken for me and seafood for my wife - and both dishes were delicious! Probably a bit too filling after our great starters to be honest, but I'd rather have more than never enough!
We were both full after our mains, so only had coffees.
The wine we chose was well priced and very good and the service we had was attentive, friendly and efficient.
As ever, an excellent spot for lunch or dinner! Will certainly be going back on our next trip to Glasgow!

1  Thank John D

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Had lunch on a busy Saturday afternoon. Had a 'it is on" voucher. Food was really tasty and fresh. Fast & friendly service. Atmospher was great. Will return

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I visited this restaurant yesterday with my daughter. We were seated at a table immediately on a busy Saturday and started with some cocktails and foccacia. While eating or foccacia we overheard the woman at the table behind us commenting her bill was wrong and she had been charged for a large glass of wine which she did not have. Her bill was altered immediately. We both had seafood risotto and the food was lovely however when the bill was presented to us we were overcharged by £22 for a glass of wine, a salad and pasta dish which we did not have. The waitress changed this immediately when pointed out to her however no apology was given. Due to this I did not leave a tip. A word of warning check your bill before paying.

1  Thank Alison S
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Dined here with my wife for a belated valentines meal.

The staff were excellent and greeted us warmly at the door offering us the option of sitting inside the restaurant or on the terrace inside Princes Square, we opted for the terrace & a bit of people watching - great location.

The menu was varied with a wide range of authentic Italian dishes to choose from. We chose the mixed cured meat and cheese starter to share and then I had one of the best plates of Gnocchi that I've tasted outside Italy, Gnocchi Alla Nonno - shrimp in a cream & brandy sauce...amazing! My wife's dish was equally as delicious, Risotto Caruso which was chicken, mushrooms and white wine, cooked to perfection.

To finish we had a truly authentic taste of Italy with a piece of Torta Della Nonna 'grannies cake' and two Kimbo espressos, we could have been in Naples!!

If you're in Princes Square do not miss dining here, Italian food at its best with a great atmosphere!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Delicious carbonara. I couldn't finish the rather large portion - so either make sure you are hungry or order the smaller version. Disappointed that I didn't finish my large glass of wine either, especially as it cost c£7.

1  Thank Aileen W