“Excellent Service & good Food”
Review of Il Pavone

Il Pavone
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Pavone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #546 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Il Pavone Restaurant serve authentic Italian dishes made the traditional way
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We popped into IP after having sat upstairs @ Zizzi's for 10 mins without a drink or Menu, the place was quiet but Service/Staff non existent! At Ip we were immediately seated with Menu's & a drinks order was taken. My Wife opted for Carbonara, I ordered Lasagne AlForno & a side dish of Chips (wow!), Food was excellent, my wife drank a Large glass of Sauvignon & I drank a bottle of water. We could have chosen from the Lunch Menu @ £12.95 for 2 courses but decided to select from the extensive A la Carte. Total price was £39....excellent value. We will return very soon

1  Thank Yoshipup
There are newer reviews for Il Pavone

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ate at Il Pavone with friends last night, we were shown to our reserved table which was only set for two people, we were not offered Menus!!! Waited at least 10 minutes but no one came, we called a waitress who said it was "bad" that we had not been given menus.... Eventually 20 minutes later our orders were taken by a very pleasant waitress, the starters arrived in a reasonable time and were of acceptable quality, the mains were ok although I found my chicken dry and tough, we were told Dessert was not happening as they only had 2 portions of Banoffee Cheese Cake or Ice cream left as they had been busy (Unbelievable)!!!! We had a bottle of Pinot grigo and one soft drink the bill was £117. We found the owner to be a sullen, loud man who's dull unfriendly face does nothing to welcome his patrons, he comes over as boorish. All in all I think the visit last night will, indeed, be our last.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

While getting a table for two for my wife and Ion a busy Saturday afternoon in Princes square proved to be no problem.
The staff were quick take our order for drinks and food.
The starter arrived quite quickly and it was superb, freshly cooked and very tasty we ate our startersand sat back and watched the staff bustling about the restruant oblivious to our empty plates for quite some time.
The table was eventually cleared and we were asked if we enjoyed our food and would we liked another drink witch we declined after another 15 minutes I stopped a waiter on the way pasr our table and enquired after our main course as it had been over 30 minute's from the end of our starter the waiter apoligised for this went into the Kitchen to find out what was happening.
He returned a few minutes later and said our meal would be with us shortly.
Our main course duly arrived nearly 45 minutes after we had finished our starter and tasty as it was I dont think it was worth the wait.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My girlfriend had a voucher from here from itison so it was very cheap and great value.

Once we were seated, and ordered our drinks, the waiters took a very long time to come and ask for our food order, and the tables around us were the same, all sitting with closed menus waiting to be approached.
Once approached and we finally ordered the food did come not long after, so were happy about that. I ordered the Rustica pizza and it was really good, but I tried some of my girlfriend Penne Arrabbiata and it was amazing, it had so much flavour! Really really tasty.

A little disappointed with the wait time to get served but we found the food great, so we will be back if we're not in a rush or needing a quick lunch.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Admittedly we were on an offer therefore we had good value (the normal prices were nonsense) but how can a restuarant get it so very far wrong? No one came near our table until we asked for food service; a note was made and almost an hour later our food was served, hot food on cold plates...there was no explanation , no apology, no one cared in any way. The food itself was passable but certainly someone, somewhere needs to take things in hand in the kitchen and with the waiting staff since the whole experience was far from pleasant....there would have been time for quite a few chapters of that book to be read while we waited and waited with no one paying any attention whatsoever...and the place was not all that busy!