“Less than average food with a big wait”
Review of Il Pavone

Il Pavone
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Pavone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #585 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Il Pavone Restaurant serve authentic Italian dishes made the traditional way
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Less than average food with a big wait”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had dinner in Il Pavone last night, the food was okay but a micro meal would have been about the same. Risotto was not as it should be; oozy and rich but instead was just like dry rice.. All edible but nothing worth writing home about. The worst part about Il Pavone however was the service. Poorly trained wait staff, we were ignored and forgotten. The mains were brought out before they had cleared the starter and then some of those starter plates were just left on the table throughout our meal. Overall food that just doesn't warrant the wait time or lack of service.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Average Food, horrible service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Situated in "Princes Square", a fancy mall in the center of Glasgow, I was expecting a much better service and food!
Tonight, our waiter did not bring us what we ordered, we had to wait for 20 minutes to see him again, then another 20 minutes between the moment we received the cheque and put a debit card on it and the moment someone else came back with the card machine. Poor service.

Food was average. My Antipesto plata was horrible! Morrisons food basically, not restaurant food. I can get much better food from "WholeFoods Market".

The seafood salad was good though. Tasted fresh. Bread was also very good, crispy and fresh.

I'm going to restaurants often and I don't think I'll ever come back to this one. Maybe because I'm used to going to really fancy ones, or maybe because it's simply not a good place to enjoy....

I don't recommend at all.

1 Thank GenuineOpinions
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good Quality, Wide-Ranging Italian Food”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We visited the restaurant on the recommendation of my sister and husband. The restaurant offers tables inside and "outside" (the latter are in the courtyard of Princes Square). When the menu arrives the first thing you notice is the very large range of dishes - mostly traditional Italian offerings but nonetheless extensive! The staff are attentive and very helpful and we were able to mix from the table d'hote and the a la carte menus which was very helpful. Just one little glitch in that my wife asked for the salad dressing on the side but when the dish came, it had been poured over the meal! The meals are very fairly priced and the quality of food is very good.

2 Thank Cfab777
“Average”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Situated in the upmarket Princess Square, i expected Il Pavone to be great. The food was nice, but nothing special. Maybe it is supposed to be authentic in the decor, but there are a few things i didn't like about the restaurant.. Firstly some of the tables are a drab white colour which reminded me of a cafe, and there were also fake plastic flowers on each table. I found the decor and interior very drab and outdated. I don't think i will be returning. The food and service was fine but there was no ambiance. Maybe it is better when busier.

“Lunch Treat”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Visited here with my sister as a thank you. We were shown to a table immediately and given menus. It was very busy and we did have to ask when out order would be taken. We ordered from the set lunch menu. For starters I had the calamari and my sister the toast and shrimps. both were very nicely presented and tasted lovely. We both had the spaghetti with mussels as the main. It was a decent plate full and the mussels were lovely and plump. .All in all a lovely lunch although service a bit slow, but would not put me off returning.