“Good location, great hosts!”
Review of Alison Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Alison Guesthouse
Ranked #13 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We arrived in Glasgow a bit stressed from our drive. We pulled over and searched the internet for a B&B close by. Alison Guest House was the first accommodation on the list and, using our new SatNav, it was easy to find, but Kenny and Anne were not! - - We found them enjoying a rare sunny afternoon in the backyard! haha Lucky for us, they had a room available. It wasn't fancy, but it was clean enough and the bed was comfy. In the am the big breakfast table was a good place to meet the other guests and have a leisurely chat before starting the day. Kenny and Anne were incredibly hospitable and very friendly and helpful! The location was great- only a 15 minute walk to downtown Glasgow. This was a great place to stay - and we would recommend it to any of our friends or family travelling through Glasgow.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cruce2013
kenneth b, Owner at Alison Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

thankyou it was a pleasure meeting you both so happy you enjoyed your stay with us

stay well and happy

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Me and my family stayed at the Allison guest house recently the location was great just a 15-20 minute walk into Glasgow city centre. Kenny and Anne both made our stay very pleasant they made us feel very welcome would defo recommend to friends and family visiting Glasgow to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank seanEnglandUk

well it s taking a wee time to respond to this but always a pleasure when you can find time to respond

so happy you enjoyed your stay we do try

take care

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I booked a room via email at this guest house for a friend and me for an overnight stay when we were visiting Glasgow for the Bruce Springsteen concert, I also confirmed the booking with a telephone call. When we arrived we were greeted by a very unpleasant man who I assume was Kenny who informed us that there were no rooms available, no apologies were offered. After telling him my name he informed me that my name was in the book with a cross through it again with no explaination why or an apology for the mix up. Due to the concert this was the only available accomodation that i could find on the internet in the Glasgow area for that night and now I know why. Luckily we found somewhere nearby that had had a late cancelation otherwise it would have resulted in an uncomfortable night in the car.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Armstrong77

in response to this review . the people where initially booked via internet but with an oversight as we were fully booked the response re this booking was sent by return mail . but people obviously did not take note of same . and unfortunately on this day my mum had a heart attack and i was at the hospital in Kilmarnock . they had not noted they did not actually have a booking . they where accomodated by our fiends accross the road .fortunately

these things sadly do happen .

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I was very impressed by the warmth and kindness of kenny and his wife. they made me feel welcome and could not do enough to help me. I really apreciate thier hospitality and i would definately recommend the guest house as a place like home from home.
The room was lovely and clean and the bed was very comfortable.
I will look forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank eileen521

Thank you it was a pleasure having you stay with us stay well and happy

Reviewed 19 April 2011

Back for my second stay here whilst working in the city. My first stay was for 8 weeks and i enjoyed it. Kenny and Anne are great hosts and always make you feel welcome. The rooms maybe a bit dated but they are clean and comfortable. The location is good for the city.

• Stayed: November 2010
4  Thank harty74

so sorry we did not live up to your expectations , we are a friendly small clean central guesthouse . always ready to assist in your goals . and look after your needs .

sorry we did not meet you great high standards

Reviewed 27 July 2010

Stayed at this guest house and thought it was the perfect place to stay as it was walking distance into Glasgow City centre the owners were verry welcoming. I would recomend to all friends and family!! Excellent value for money and rooms are very spacious. Thank you very much for our stay and making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank seanEnglandUk
Reviewed 31 July 2009

My companion and I felt so happy with Alison Guesthouse that we extended our stay from a planned 3 nights to 5. Of course the main bonus is the hosts' kindness and helpfulness. But we had soap and clean towels, maybe not new but not threadbare, and sheets on our bed. And every time we thought something was amiss (like the down comforter was too warm for the season) we said so and the problem was corrected. So by all means I recommend this guest house. It is a bit far from the historic center if you're not driving, but we finally mastered tje Glasgow bus system and you can get there.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple