“overnight shopping lesiure”

Ranked #91 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Oban, United Kingdom
“overnight shopping lesiure”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very good value as the Smiths always has been. This part of the city has plenty good hotels. Good place for the night and handy for shopping centres roundabout. Lots of good eating places etc nearby. Recomended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I travel here regularly for business and this hotel is the cheapest ANYWHERE in glasgow AND YOU GET A BREAKFAST INCLUDED. Which btw is perfectly good quality.
Ok so the decor is way outdated and not all the rooms have en-suite. But then not everyone's bedrooms at home are en-suite and there are perfectly clean bathrooms on every floor.
Mattresses are not that comfy and it has been hot this week so a bit stuffy at times but hey it's not the ritz so don't expect it. Parking round back is a great game. Gotta be tactical or u get blocked in lol
Just go here if u want limited frills but somewhere decent for the night/week.
Thanks

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank PaulTapscott
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Well-placed hotel in terms of both restaurants (so when we arrived late in the evening we could easily find food!) and the city centre.

The room was clean and comfortable - a bit too warm but we were provided with a fan that sorted that! The bed was very comfortable, the pillows were a tad lumpy but they really weren't a problem. The bathroom was great!

The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iaveina
Slave Lake, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I really don't understand all the terrible reviews. I payed 30 pounds for the night and I got a clean room with a nice view of sauchiehall street, a free breakfast, free parking, and wifi access. They even let me check into my room two hours early. Great service, great price. Shared bathrooms, but you get a TV and sink. It was a cozy little room for a great price. Don't let the bad reviews fool you, this is a nice place. Or maybe I just got a really nice room? Haha ask for room 15

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed the night here, I was worried by the reviews I read here but I didnt find anything wrong. Our room was on the 3rd floor (FYI there is no lift) I found the room clean and tidy. The bathroom is small but clean also. The room is basic but thats expected for the price. I was pleasantly surprised by the room after reading the reviews on here. I would stay here again based on my experience.

• Stayed June 2014
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Unfortunately this is my first review that has been terrible. I'm open to the fact that this place will not be of a high standard due to the price; but seriously best giving it a miss & staying in a hostel.
The building itself is very run down: crumbling single glazed windows, smoke stenched carpets, charity shop style furniture and old bedding. It can also be quite intimidating if you want to use the shared bathroom facilities when there are a bunch of drunken people about.
Though the staff are very friendly and helpful, this place needs some serious tlc. I would never recommend anyone to stay here in its current state.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lauzg13

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Like a reviewer mentioned before, I also had doubts about booking at the smiths hotel but thought I would give it a go especially considering the bargain price on offer.

When we got to the hotel, we felt the worst that this trip was going to be a struggle but can honestly say that we were wrong.

We encountered an extremely helpful and friendly reception staff (Hina and Pavi) who made our first stay in glasgow extremely comfortable. Whether it was asking for the iron, more towels, booking a taxi, a tour, borrowing a charger.

The room was spacious and clean and looked like it had recently been refurbished.

It had all the basics we needed such tv, kettle, tea/sugar/coffee/milk, heating, toilet/shower, clean towels and a comfy bed to get a night's sleep.

Breakfast was very busy but the staff still had time to ask us for our order and bring it to our table very quickly despite the rush on Sunday morning.

I have stayed in hotels all over the uk where you have to serve yourself at breakfast but it was refreshing to see the breakfast staff taking our orders for us instead.

Breakfast is included in the price which was fantastic for us.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in glasgow and at the smiths hotel and look forward to staying with you again the next time we decide to come to glasgow.

Stayed June 2014