“Would be acceptable if cheaper”
Review of Smiths Hotel

Smiths Hotel
Ranked #89 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have previously reviewed this hotel as good for the price as it is what it is. Unfortunatley this time I was charged £63 for one night which is a deal buster for me as I could have had a much better hotel for the same price. Not saying I won't be back but this is a £35 to £40 a night place so never again at £63 for me I'm afraid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very good value as the Smiths always has been. This part of the city has plenty good hotels. Good place for the night and handy for shopping centres roundabout. Lots of good eating places etc nearby. Recomended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I travel here regularly for business and this hotel is the cheapest ANYWHERE in glasgow AND YOU GET A BREAKFAST INCLUDED. Which btw is perfectly good quality.
Ok so the decor is way outdated and not all the rooms have en-suite. But then not everyone's bedrooms at home are en-suite and there are perfectly clean bathrooms on every floor.
Mattresses are not that comfy and it has been hot this week so a bit stuffy at times but hey it's not the ritz so don't expect it. Parking round back is a great game. Gotta be tactical or u get blocked in lol
Just go here if u want limited frills but somewhere decent for the night/week.
Thanks

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank PaulTapscott
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Well-placed hotel in terms of both restaurants (so when we arrived late in the evening we could easily find food!) and the city centre.

The room was clean and comfortable - a bit too warm but we were provided with a fan that sorted that! The bed was very comfortable, the pillows were a tad lumpy but they really weren't a problem. The bathroom was great!

The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iaveina
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I really don't understand all the terrible reviews. I payed 30 pounds for the night and I got a clean room with a nice view of sauchiehall street, a free breakfast, free parking, and wifi access. They even let me check into my room two hours early. Great service, great price. Shared bathrooms, but you get a TV and sink. It was a cozy little room for a great price. Don't let the bad reviews fool you, this is a nice place. Or maybe I just got a really nice room? Haha ask for room 15

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed the night here, I was worried by the reviews I read here but I didnt find anything wrong. Our room was on the 3rd floor (FYI there is no lift) I found the room clean and tidy. The bathroom is small but clean also. The room is basic but thats expected for the price. I was pleasantly surprised by the room after reading the reviews on here. I would stay here again based on my experience.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Unfortunately this is my first review that has been terrible. I'm open to the fact that this place will not be of a high standard due to the price; but seriously best giving it a miss & staying in a hostel.
The building itself is very run down: crumbling single glazed windows, smoke stenched carpets, charity shop style furniture and old bedding. It can also be quite intimidating if you want to use the shared bathroom facilities when there are a bunch of drunken people about.
Though the staff are very friendly and helpful, this place needs some serious tlc. I would never recommend anyone to stay here in its current state.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends